Are you watching: Alaska Surviving the last frontier

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nicolas

Forager
Jun 2, 2008
Dublin
http://www.discoverychannel.co.uk/web/alaska//ontv/lastfrontier

Here is the Webaddress if you don't know what I'm talking about...

It's shocking to me how unprepared some of the contestants are, of course it makes it more fun to watch.

I'm also a little bit ****** of watching them moan and complain, I would probably be in my element and would love to do that.
But most of them keep complaining how cold it is how hard it is they are afraid of bears etc etc.

Pathetic.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Yes mate, been watching it from the start. Totally agree with you about un prepared, and yes i think i would be in my element out there as well.

Maybe if the people were matched differently they could live pretty well, just shoot those two wingeing sisters first.

Looking forward to next tuesday.

Nicolas

Forager
Jun 2, 2008
Dublin
Yes mate, been watching it from the start. Totally agree with you about un prepared, and yes i think i would be in my element out there as well.

Maybe if the people were matched differently they could live pretty well, just shoot those two wingeing sisters first.

Looking forward to next tuesday.

You seen the "daddy" with his 2 daughters last time "build" a bench? hahahaha omg I couldn't stop laughing.

i mean granted not everybody is as much interested in living with nature and most of us probably crave a survival situation just so we can actually proove that we can do it, but
come on, every one of must have agreed before hand that they are going to Alaska, if a TV channel is telling you that you're going to sleep
and life for the next view month in Alaska you would think it would be logical for these people to have read every single book about Alaska survival gathering food and so forth.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Know what you mean mate, and also the boots under the table episode, does it really matter which way the boots are ? I would have wanged the boots at her and then gone fshing.

I bet the Dad is thinking "please let a bear eat them when my back is turned".

Also the 3 works friends in the first episode took 2 days to do 3k , what was that all about ?

can't wait for the next programme.:lmao:

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
No, I'm not... However:

It's shocking to me how unprepared some of the contestants are, of course it makes it more fun to watch.

Do you imagine for an instant that this isn't entirely deliberate? These shows do fairly elaborate psychological screening to ensure that they only get the most fractious and clueless tools they can find. Anybody who is even vaguely prepared or has half-decent people skills will get screened out at the earliest opportunity.

Nicolas

Forager
Jun 2, 2008
Dublin
No, I'm not... However:

Do you imagine for an instant that this isn't entirely deliberate? These shows do fairly elaborate psychological screening to ensure that they only get the most fractious and clueless tools they can find. Anybody who is even vaguely prepared or has half-decent people skills will get screened out at the earliest opportunity.

Absolutly, but it's still angers me... however it further prroves my personal theory that over 50% (way over 50%) of all humans are simply idiots.

Here is a proposal for a similar show:

Ray Mears Alaska Survival: Do you think you have what it takes to survive in the wilderness of Alaska.

5 contestant all recruited from Bushcraftuk.com learn to adapt in the wilderness of Alaska, you have 5 of us here :D try to life our daily lifes in Alaska with the Ray Mears going from camp to camp giving advice and assessing the situtation.

With the twist that you can die in the show, no second quarter given no savety net, you screw up and cross the path of a brown bear with cups you die. :D
You think this would get the highest ratings? in this sick world? I bet you would have people skip work and breakfast to watch the show.

you could spice it up with challenges, for excample to spicen up the overall experience you could make them all swap their place, or burn down the hut they have just build and let them
start at 0 again.
Oh I have a lot of good ideas...

But I know that in this day and age were most people rather like to see 20 borderline retarded people in on apartment 24h filmed than acutally learn something or being remotly inspired it's probably too much to ask for.

I'm amazed at how polular Ray Mears has become in general, that fact alone doesn't fit into my view of the general population at all.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
No, I'm not... However:

They succeeded with their expert then.:p

Joking aside, you are of course spot on with your comments.:sigh:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE