Are you sure you want to leave this page?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
only if Ive started to type a reply then either delete and leave the page or occidentally click a button to navigate away from the page, though I think its a browser setting rather than a server thing, but Im not sure on that front DUUUUUUUUUUDE!

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Yeah, as Southey says,

When you stop replying its just giving you a hint you could lose anything you've already typed. (just copy the text in case you may wish to come back to it)

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
I get it even when im not typing sod all. Just looking at my PM's or the messages on my wall. Stoooppiidddd mannn!! Im using Firefox. I cant switch to IE because thats my browser for looking at things I shouldnt be looking at :)

You know.... wild camping and stuff ;)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
It happens if you change pages quickly, if you try to leave a page before the computer has finished loading the first page.

And yes, it is annoying.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i'm with southey on this, and i'm using firefox. if you're getting it when you start typing a reply and then change your mind and decide not to bother, if you don't delete what you were typing and hit cancel instead it doesn't happen

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Yeah - I get it too!
Is it because the site is the slowest I use?
I find other sites load a lot faster ... and that is the speed my fingers are used to going at ...

Feb 28, 2011
lincolnshire
I am fed up with the pop ups on this site. I visit most days and enjoyed reading the threads now as soon as I open a thread I get pop ups and noise. The pop up are you sure you want. to leave this page completely jammed my computer. I think this type of format is a spoiling a very good forum. For my part I now leave the site almost as soon as I get the rubbish pop ups. Is there any way I can turn this rubbish off I dont want to stop visiting . I am sure a lot of members feel the same

corby

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
umm, there's not a lot to do about this, it happnes if someone partly enters something in the quick reply box and doesn't post it and also if they move from the page they're looking at if it's not fully loaded yet. What it actually means is that there might be infomration unsaved or unviewed do you want to navigate away. The software designers area aware that this is an issue for some people and they're looking at it.

I get it now and then but not very often. Try to let the full page load before moving on and don't click in the quick reply box at all unless you're going to post.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
I have been getting this message frequently recently, and yes it is annoying, but it is not the fault of the site. It happens everywhere. Is it some "improvement" made in a windows update? I was a bit relieved to read the above posts because I thought it was something I had done.

Feb 28, 2011
lincolnshire
A few days ago I had a rant about pop ups since then I shut the system down and ran my security and it would appear to have cured the problem. I am not sure if I solved the problem or work on the site solved the problem. the last three days no pop ups so a big thank you to who ever solved the problem regards corby

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE