Are you in the 2%

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
I got red hammer, but i'm intrigued as to why, there are no subliminal messages in the text i've been through it 3 times... anybody know how this works?
 
I got red hammer, but i'm intrigued as to why, there are no subliminal messages in the text i've been through it 3 times... anybody know how this works?

I also chose a red hammer and a bit of google-fu came up with this explanation...

http://thelanguageguy.blogspot.com/2005/04/fun-linguistic-internet-scam.html

More here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prototype_Theory

I would imagine if the same test was carried out on someone from rural Tanzania they might choose a mattock or similar, if an electrician was quizzed he might pick a screwdriver. Because, unlike most, we are using a fairly specific set of tools for our hobby it isn't surprising that people are choosing knifes or axes rather than a hammer.

:)
 
Last edited:
red screwdriver... because i thought of red and the only red tool i have is a set of bright red screwdrivers.
however, its unlikely a normal member of the public would consider a knife or axe as a tool, more likely to call them weapons ....
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE