Are you a Swiss Army Knife owner?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Do you own (or have you owned) a SAK?

• Total voters

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Erm, yup, more than my fair share I suppose,
SwisstoolX, Swiss Champ, GAK (if it counts) Rucksack knife and a Huntsman - both daughters have a Huntsman each and third will get one when she's old enough.
Those are the ones I can remember.

Ogri the trog

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I don't own one, but the missus does. Dunno which one, but it seems to have the everyday normal things plus some other bits and bobs. Quite handy if she'd only put the tweezers back in once she'd finished with them instead of losing them all the time!:rolleyes:

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
Living in Switzerland and not owning a SAK?
That would be close to treason!!
Of course I have a SAK. In fact, several...

/ Karl

David.s

Forager
Jan 27, 2007
Glasgow
www.myspace.com_evil_scrappy
I've never owned a Victorinox but I do own a Mauser and have done since I was 10 years old.
Mauser_005s.jpg

The handle has been changed since new but otherwise it just gets sharpened every now and again. And yes the saw really is that sharp that it needs a protective shield, I have a scar to prove it :eek:

I think that looks cracking, does anyone know where still sells them, iv looked on loadsa site with no luck.

I have a few classics, and a non genuine champ. i prefer my letherman though.

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
I've had a Wenger classic 13 for a couple of years. Comes in very useful - stays on a keyring with my keys and a small torch (amongst other things). Have tried a leatherman but found that it was just a touch too big to carry comfortably, for example at work. Tools came in useful, but the SAK does the trick most of the time.
Would much prefer it to have a locking blade - with that it would be about perfect for me. However with the law being how it is (whatever my opinion on that), would have it confiscated in no time so I guess non-locking it is...

Templar

Forager
Mar 14, 2006
Can Tho, Vietnam (Australian)
Yep... I've got one too, a Rucksack, well its my second one, coz my first was pinched right out of my pocket :eek: by some theaving little :censored: . They cut the lanyard it was on and legged it! :cussing: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: !!!!!
So anyway Yes I have but I had my first Vict. Ruc. for over 10 years with no damage, and it copt some great abuse too!

Yonderer

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 17, 2007
NW Alberta, Canada
I always carry a Victorinox Recruit in my pants pocket.
I also own a Camper and a Rucksack. The Rucksack resides in my rucksack, oddly enough :D, and the Camper stays in the pocket of my hunting jacket.
I've used the saw blade on the Camper many times to split the pelvic bone and brisket of deer.

David.s

Forager
Jan 27, 2007
Glasgow
www.myspace.com_evil_scrappy
I came accross that site the other day, althought i just noticed it says at the bottom "coming soon - order your vintage mauser" so ill keep and eye out.

Im also watching one on ebay but i think its gonna finish quite high. theres another few although without the clip point blade.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Yup got me one of them rare ones :D and about 6 others. I couldn't imagine life without one and have purchased and been given SAK's for both of my young sons - I should give a big shout out at this stage to DOUGSTER who sent my little lad a lovely handmade leather pouch free of charge for a SAK I purchased from him a little while back :You_Rock_

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
I had an imitation SAK when i was a boy (many years ago) and, probably through mis-use, found the blade had a habit of folding onto my fingers. Just a good job i did'nt know how to sharpen it really or it could have been really nasty.

I'm a Leatherman user through and through. I've got a 'Micra' in my grab bag, 'Wave' on my belt and my original 'PST' in the kitchen draw for when i need a tool, but not enough to go out to the garage:eek: . I used to have a 'Bucktool' which was Buck Knives take on the multitool idea. Rather than pulling the two halves apart Leatherman stylee, it twisted. Hard to explain and great novelty value watching Leatherman and Gerber users trying to get it open, but it was too springy at the hinge and this compromised my faith in it.

Saying that though, i always prefer to use my EKA Masur birch for small cutting tasks.

In summary, no, i'm not down with the SAK.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have an old one which was given to me by my Father years ago but it is still a nice little knife although the spring has gone to pot on the scissors!:red:

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Greg,

You can get a spare spring from almost any outdoor shop for about £1. A bit fiddly to fit but no big deal. Take your knife when you go to buy the spring as there are several dofferent sizes.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE