Are you a Swiss Army Knife owner?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Do you own (or have you owned) a SAK?

• Total voters

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
I have a few, i just had one of these given to me (love the nail clippers!!)

My oldest i guess is these two, assuming that they count as SAK's...

ak01.jpg

ak08.jpg

I'll take some pics of them tomozz (have to be up in four and a half hours for work:( )

John:)

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Just added another to my list.
At my local boot market I picked up an Victorinox Huntsman for princely sum of (wait for it):lmao: £1.50.
I left behind a nice collection of other knives, when I got home I mentioned to SHMBO there was a nice pearl handled pocket knife that needed cleaning up.
What! you didn't get it for me she said, being a nice chap and all,:eek: I went back and got it for her, also a single bladed stag handled one that needs a clean.
Oh and those cost me, yep you guessed it £1.50 for the two.
Whilst I was there I decided that I need yet another small axe GEM #2 , this time I bartered as two pounds is a lot of money. So saving myself 50 pence, I came home on the day with three good knives and a hatchet for £4.50.

Last edited:

Vildmannen

Oct 4, 2009
Sweden
I have had a few growing up, but like so many others i turned to the MT once Victorinox released their take on it, actually it was a gift from an ex girlfriends father, great guy he was...

But a few years back I kind of returned to the old standard SAK with a Rucksack model soon followed by a Sentinel and a Pioneer and a Farmer and a Classic...
The first Pioneer was lost to Airport security but was quickly replaced.

I found that though I seldom used the corkscrew on the Rucksak for it's intended purpose, I found it very usefull for hanging my backpack from the closed knife from any old tree nearby.
But as of right now I only seem to use the Pioneer as EDC and switch to the Farmer for when I head for the woods or kayaking.
The Classic is in my keys and gets carried every day.
The Sentinel was more because I was curious about the liner lock.

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
I used a cheapy copy for a while, but the joints loosened up to the point where I could open the blade by holding the knife vertical. then I used my leatherman clone, which is still going. when that needs replacing I'm looking at getting a proper SAK (either vitrinox or wenger)

I ended up replacing my leatherman-alike with a proper leatherman, which is still going strong.
but, not 10 minuits ago, I ordered myself a victorinox huntsman from amazon, to take out with me to peru this summer. I'm figuring if the customs guys or baggage handlers get light fingered, I'm out £20 odd quids worth of knife, rather than £60 odd.
of course, there's allways the possibility I like it so much it replaces the leatherman when (if) it gets home, or even becomes an EDC item :yikes:

I recently got a new SAK as I noticed all my other blades are either locked or are fixed and after browsing this and other forums I decided I had to get something legal to carry in my pocket. I have probably carried a knife of some sort most days of my life since I was about 10 years old. From various hobbies and work all require a blade of some sorts. I never really gave it much thought until recently my leatherman wave was in my pocket or bag pretty much every where I went apart from the pub!

I have recently got my first sak, my father was worried about me walking around norwich with an opinel 8 so he bought me a victorinox farmer. I have to say i am chuffed to bits with it, i have never been hard on knives working more in whittling way rather than hacking at it, so the non locking blades are fine. for working around my small holding i still use my stu barker sheeps foot, trevor ablet folder and i have just "accidentally" bought a voctorinox hiker. i can see what people mean by sak addiction.

leealanr

Apr 17, 2006
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Original design Swiss Champ (no pliers) carried for nearly thrity years as my work EDC.

Bought for me a long time ago, in Switzerland while on holiday by my then girlfriend. She is long gone, the knife is not!

Alan L.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE