Are you a blood donor?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Just got back, no mince pies anywhere. :(

Tesco's Finest Here I come:lmao:

after reading this thread i felt compelled, so i'm just this minute registered and booked my first ever blood donation appointment. it took five minutes and the clinic is 2 minutes aways from my house. now to sit back and wait for the good social conscience feeling to wash over me....oop here it comes

Well done you, have a virtual pat on the back from me. :)

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
It will soon be twelve weeks since my last donation, my 50th, Last time I was chatting with one of the staff about where it went and did he know how many people I had helped survive over the years, as my brother was undergoing kidney dialysis three times a week at the time...From what I recall it was somewhere in the region of 50 to 100 people I had helped...Sadly though it didn't help my brother as he died just 8 days later...

So if you are a donor I would like to thank you for giving people like my brother a chance in life, without your donations he would not have survived as long as he did...

THANK YOU!

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
I turned up at a drop in session in a hotel in Plymouth whilst there on business. Having had surgery some time before I thought I should give something back. However because I was unable to answer if I had needed blood during the surgery I was not allowed to give blood due to the possibility that I had been given blood with mad cows disease. This was a few years ago now but apparently the long incubation period meant that I would not be able to donate. Shame really,

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I am a member of the Anthony Nolan bone marrow trust and have been called up twice for extra testing due to near matches but for what ever reason was not eventually used. I am also registered for organ donation. As for blood. I have been three times but walked out on the third occasion. On all three occasions I was given the runaround and on the last occasion the book-in nurse was so rude to me after I had made a major effort to get to them that I thought sod them and walked out. I have since realised that the end result of that is that less blood is in the system so I am only punishing those in need which is stupid but have still not got around to going back.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I have tried on a number of occasions, the first few times the blood was rejected (I was told in a letter after the event) but they couldn't give an explanation as to why. Then they lost any record of me so I tried again with similar results. My most recent attempt saw another letter of rejection due to having some unusual protein in it.

I don't think I'll be rushing to try again - sad to say.

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE