Are Eastern Euros Stealing Fish?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Yeah right its non eastern european "fishermen" that like to haul out some nice fat pike or carp for christmas or easter dinner. :rolleyes: And its well out of order to thraten people with weapons just for the sake of a netful of fish. A skilful poacher doesnt show there hand so readily. Theres angling laws and customs in place which the immigrant's seem happy to ignore, at least as far as taking and keeping coarse fish is concerned.
We hear a lot of talk about how the immigrants are good for the national economy etc I dont know how much truth there is in that or if its just internationalist rhetoric and rationalisation to explain why they are here to take advantage of our stronger economic situation. But even if its only a few that do this sort of fishing, the disregard for British customs etc does create a bad feeling against all the immigrants who are here, most of who (we are told) are law abiding etc. That isnt racist or xenophobia by the way, just say it as it is. Just like if a wave of Brit's went to poland and destroyed "mary" statues at every oportunity, or went in droves into the swedish wilderness and stripped the trees and bushes, dumped rubbish everywhere and caused forest fire's, it would offend there cultures and cause understandable resentment.

Where have you been living all your life:confused:
Theres been pretty nasty battles with water watchers and gamekeepers against poachers for donkeys years.
And lets not go into what us brits can be like abroad.

Us nice british folks are just as capable of being downright evill as any easten europeans.

As long as theres a decent profit to be made it will continue to happen.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
How many british poachers go after carp or pike or any other coarse fish? And coarse fishermen in the UK, universially as far as I have alwyas known, do not kill any of there catch, as they want good net fulls of fish in matches, or more likelihood of big specimens in the long term. I always thought poachers traditionally went for salmon, sea trout, etc (please correct me if I am wrong) as the possible financial gain outweighed the risk of being caught because there has always been a ilicit demand for game fish? The thread started out aking the question if there was a possible link between influx of polish imigrants and a perceived increase in illegal poaching of COARSE fish such as carp or pike? As far as I know theres no real call for coarse fish to eat among the native UK poplation. But Polish people (maybe a few, maybe most, I dont know) make no secret of the fact that they enjoy a nice fat carp for a dinner just like we enjoy roast beef or chicken. So its reasonable to think they might, just might, have something to do with illegal fishing for that speceis? Can you get fresh carp steak's at tesco's or sainsbury's? British poachers are bad too, very very bad, lets make that clear as well by the way
And as for the persistent "we are such an evil lot abroad" argument, please, give it a rest. That doesnt give license for visitor's to behave badly. If its wrong to sterotype or insult imigrants surely it should be equally wrong to stereotype Brit's as bad, evil, greedy, iresponsile or whatever?
And your right stephen edward's I agree entirely, we are over policed, with unecessarily invasive bearacratic rules, otherwise called politically correct enforced collectivism. And when you challenge this dogma your condemnd as xenophobia, racists etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE