Arctic Expedition Feb 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
Tony

Sorry to do this, but due to financial pressures I am going to have to withdraw from this trip

Have a great time guys

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Can't find a direct flight to or from Bardufoss on the 14th or 20th.
Anyone know if there is such a thing!?
Traveling from the South West,so the London airports are prob.my best bet.
Sorry to ask but I am a bit crap at this whole 'interweb' thing!!
Cheers.
Chris.

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Is this meet going to be one large group or split into smaller groups? If so, what will be the individual group size at maximum?
Sorry if it's already been posted but I have looked but could not find mention of this.

Cheers.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Can't find a direct flight to or from Bardufoss on the 14th or 20th.
Anyone know if there is such a thing!?
Traveling from the South West,so the London airports are prob.my best bet.
Sorry to ask but I am a bit crap at this whole 'interweb' thing!!
Cheers.
Chris.

You need to fly to Oslo first mate.

Alas after all my talk and all the dosh I've spent on gear for the course I now have to pull out! Please remove my name from the list!

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Me! Lets get some chat going on about this Barry! (and co!)
How yer getting there? I like the idea of the Norwegian airline for both legs of the trip but have not checked out times and prices yet.
I think it is a case of setting off on a Sat,a kip over night in Oslo airport,and then on again Sunday morning. Anyone know differently!?
I must give Jaysurfer a shout,I think he is in my neck of the woods and is comming along.
Got most of your kit sorted?
Cheers.
Chris.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Those that have pulled out are noted, sorry about that guys :-( There will be other opportunities though I'm sure.

I'll start up a thread so you guys can discuss the Exped :D Put questions for us in here and you can discuss your own arrangements etc in the new one.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I think that some of the others have had a good look at this, have a read through the thread. There's also a thread that you can all talk amongst yourselves on things like travel etc

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Someone asked about these so i thought i'd put them up for anyone interested.

Sunrise 0719 on day 1
Sunset 1539 on day 1

These times naturally get early/later by about 5 mins each day. With the reflection off the snow we can work until about 1830 with out lights.

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
Sunset 1539 on day 1
With the reflection off the snow we can work until about 1830 with out lights.

Then...if the moon is out and it is a cloudless night, the landscape will look like a photo negative.
If there is no moon we will probably not see our hand in front of our face without a light source....awesome.

Either way the sunsets and sunrises should be jaw dropping with such clear, clean air and no ambient light.

Tom

skaus84

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 15, 2008
Liverpool UK
Finally got confirmation that I will be free to attend this. Is there a deadline for the deposit to be paid? I'm working on the finances for it now!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE