Arctic Expedition Feb 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gailainne

Life Member
Then...if the moon is out and it is a cloudless night, the landscape will look like a photo negative.
If there is no moon we will probably not see our hand in front of our face without a light source....awesome.

Either way the sunsets and sunrises should be jaw dropping with such clear, clean air and no ambient light.

Tom

You aint kidding, the quality of light is amazing, even after sunset

This was taken well after sunset
CIMG0047.jpg

Cheers

Stephen

Gregorach was telling me at a recent meet that the sun is behaving itself atm, which means no spectacular Aurora Borealis while we are there :( hopefully we will get something, (one of the reasons I'm going).

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
Finally got confirmation that I will be free to attend this. Is there a deadline for the deposit to be paid? I'm working on the finances for it now!

That is brilliant news, awesome.
Re the deadline, there is deadline for the balance to be paid, the only other deadline would be to beat folks to one of the last remaining places :rolleyes:
There are a handful of places left but if at all possible....I would advise not leaving it until the last minute, an Arctic exped at this price is like finding gold at the end of the rainbow ;)

I missed an Arctic exped last Feb (2009) due to hospitalization, the exped was exactly £2000 for the course PLUS flights and gear etc..it was even in the same region, I was gutted until I learned Tony was cooking this exped up......:D

Think of it this way.....You'll never be short of a conversation piece again...that's priceless :cool:

Tom

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
You aint kidding, the quality of light is amazing, even after sunset

That's very, very nice....
Just like Northern Quebec....so cold it no longer felt cold, but was it dry :rolleyes:

Amongst other things....I can't wait to get round a camp fire, in the Arctic, with like minded folks....
Experiences like these are what is life all about....

Tom

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
You are not wrong Tom!
By the way,when does the balance need paying by?
Thinking of going oldschool this time,Ventile and wool!!
What do you think?!
My best.
Chris.

B

Boom De Ah Dah

Hello. My first post on this forum, having lurked for some time but not much in the past few months. Well, wouldn't you know it that that's the time the announcement for these expeditions came out? My heart leapt to see the courses, but sunk just as fast to see "Full".

Long story short, I'd love to be a part of this expedition. (To put it mildly. :D ) I'll keep crossing my fingers in my mittens for a place to come free, and for the chance to meet you all in February!

B

Boom De Ah Dah

Hey C da Cat! According to the Expedition page on Ray Mears' website, both courses are showing as full. If I'm wrong about that, can someone put me right, or better still, tell me where to sign up? :)

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Its organised by Bushcraft UK mate! This site right here!!
Go to the first post in this thread by Tony,and details to sign up are all there!!
Get on it!!
My best.
Chris.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
deposit paid email to follow Tony,

cant wat for February to come now, i think i will go and hang about the freezer tonight to get some valuable training in.

Looking forward to meeting all you guys

Col Newman

wolf man

Forager
Sep 12, 2005
Oxford
I've just PM'd Tony asking for a place, and will be sending a deposit ASAP.

Looking forward to meeting you guys (also gets me out of a sking trip, I Do NOT enjoy downhill sking!!!)

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
I've just PM'd Tony asking for a place, and will be sending a deposit ASAP.

Looking forward to meeting you guys (also gets me out of a sking trip, I Do NOT enjoy downhill sking!!!)

This is great news, glad you are joining us Wolfman :D

Re the skiing, there is always an opportunity to go skiing....but a week in the Arctic :rolleyes:

Great choice...

Tom

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Right, pipex gremlins sorted, I now need to sort some kit hire to cut down on my travel allowance, as does my brother (he's just text'd me saying his deposit is paid).
Who do we get in touch with about hire?
I'll post this on the other thread in case I am in the wrong place.

Cheers.

May 11, 2009
devon
Hi,
Sorry but due to a car crash I will not be able to go on the trip to Norway in Feb. I thought i will be able to but was recently told by my Dr that treatment is likely to continue well into the new year.
I wish all those that are going a fantastic time

Kind regards

Darren

Dexter

Forager
Jan 23, 2007
Birmingham, UK
www.th.ph.bham.ac.uk
Sorry to hear about your car crash Knobby Norway. I wish you a speedy recovery. If there is not a spare space on the expedition then I'm as keen as mustard to take it.

Knobby Norway, had you booked flights from the UK already? If so then it may be possible to transfer them over and save you wasting the cash.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE