Arctic Expedition Feb 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Yeh Chris, most things sorted now, just a hotel to stay in for either side of the trip in Oslo, got most of the kit already, and im hopeful santa will ram a few bushcrafty things down my central heating pipe on xmas day so it really should be just deciding what im taking and what im leaving behind..

What about you, you got everything ready to go...

Colin

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Anybody got any tips on a convenient overnight in oslo in the 14th - looks like all the direct trips are taken
Cheers
Nick

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
Anybody got any tips on a convenient overnight in oslo in the 14th - looks like all the direct trips are taken
Cheers
Nick

Nick - I may just be reading your message incorrectly but just to make sure :)
Recall we rendezvous on the 14th at Bardufoss, if you cannot find direct flight I assume you will fly out the day prior and need an overnight in Oslo for the 13th (Not 14th)....

Just making sure as your message could read I am looking for an overnight stsay for the 14th..... :)

Have never ever assumed travel arrangements since letting someone else arrange the travel for a group holiday years ago....we all arrived at the airport a day early....for the return leg......needless to say he got his just desserts :)

Cheers
Tom

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
No worries booked on the same flight out as you Tom - screwed up the date for the return (20 march instead of feb) and the slimey BA gits wanted to charge me another £186 to change it so i will be taking a slightle later flight back on sat (20:50 not 17:10)
So out on BA0726 to oslo and DY934 to Bardufoss on the 14th then back from Bardufoss DY395 to Oslo and on by BA0769 to Heathrow. Does that sound sound??
Went from not so chear to soddin expensive it one fell swoop.
Now who do I pay for the course?

Right now I'm snowed in in deepest kent and have a stinking cold so the whole trip is soured in my mouth at the mo. But i know it will be great when were there!

cheers
Nick

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
I too have the same flight back to Heathrow on the 20th...nice to know i wont be the only smelly person on the flight:)

Their may be some irony here....
February - We will all return to dear old blighty, the relative temperature compared to the previous week in Bardufoss, will be like California.....hot 'n' sweaty, probably down to our tee's and with huge downy jackets tied around our waists.....nice, we should be ok for seats on the plane chaps....

Hope it is a wide bodied plane :lmao:

Tom

Last edited:

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
Hi Tony - PM sent, but I'm now up and available for taking part in this.

NickG - I'll try and get the same flight details if that's okay?

Money is in the bank, just give me the go ahead and I'm there.

Cheers,

Ag

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
yeah itd be good to see you again - dont hang around booking the flights - theyre getting pricey

Cheers
Nick

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Somebody tell me who i need to pay and how much. I emailed Woody but have no reply as yet am I paying them or Tony or What?
Confused

Nick

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi Mate, you can pay using anyof the mathods on the information document. I'm away from my computer at the moment so i've not got it to hand, it's in the doc though, it doesn't matter if it's Bushcraft Expeditions or bushcraft uk.

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
Did a bit of a packing exercise today as i'm off work for christmas. Basically i pulled together all the kit that Woody has listed in his kit list, put aside the stuff i'll be wearing (i was sensible about this, i.e. only wearing what i need rather than everything that i could wear) and then packed the rest in a small 35L rucksack (hand baggage) and a 65L rucksack (hold baggage).

With it all packed (less towel, swimwear and washing kit) including my SFA, the large pack weighed 12kg and the small one weighed 4.5kg a total of 16.5kg out of a maximum permisible of 30kg. So i now know that i have lots of spare capacity to add a couple of luxury items perhaps.

I can recommend that you give it a try if for no other reason than to give you peace of mind. :)

Now i just need to pack it more carefully to free up some volume for the extras.:confused:

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
E-mail received - I'll be in contact tomorrow with full payment.

Cheers for the advice about the flights Nick - I'll get searching promptly.

As a piece of advice to you all, take a good camera with some spares - the last time mine managed to blow up, with not a single picture..... :-(

Peds8045 - I've just dug out all the stuff from last time - I had forgotten how bulky everything was; it's not the weight to worry about, but I would recommend some compression bags if you have them available - it makes packing a little easier!

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Tony

Email recieved and full payment made to you by bank transfer let me know if you didnt receive it and ill check.
Woody thanks anyway - not sure what happened to my email but i guess it is sorted now anyway.

Cheers
Nick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE