Arctic 2010 Exped attendees discussions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
2nd and last call for questions to take to the briefing :dunno:

FYI - We already have a document containing a variety of the questions asked to date.

The document is a collection of questions and answers for reference by folks travelling on the BushcraftUK Arctic Expedition February 14th to February 20th 2010. The document will be updated periodically.

We will add any questions you submit today, for the briefing tomorrow.
The updated document will be sent out next week.
Those interested in receiving the documented information will need to contact me with their email address.
I'll also add your email to a contact list if you are interested in receiving further information as we progress :)

Cheers
Tom

Last edited:

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Daily plan/timetable,sleeping/tent arrangements
Food/meals,can we pick up a bottle of whisky at the airport for sharing in the evening.
Camp duties?
Cheers Tom.
Chris.

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
You should be busy sorting those Leukos out fella!
Good trip?
Fire steels?
I have a bit of antler waiting!!
Cheers.
Chris.

Aha yes the firesteels.
If anyone wants a bare firesteel rod let me know I've got 25 each of:
3/16" x 3"
1/4" x x3"

And a couple each in sizes
3/8" x 4" / 5" / 6"

Plus loads of solid strikers....
Will offer to exped group first after which I'll be selling them with the blades I make.... ;)

If anyone wants a firesteel and is attending the briefing let me know, might save on postage else I can post or bring to airport / Bardufoss :)

Cheers
Tom

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
anyone back from the briefing?

how did it go, get any good info you are willing to share with all the lazy ones who couldnt/wouldnt attend?

hope it all went well

Colin

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
anyone back from the briefing?

how did it go, get any good info you are willing to share with all the lazy ones who couldnt/wouldnt attend?

hope it all went well

Colin

The briefing went very well indeed, the information and advice provided by Woody and Co will definitely help folks with equipment selection and provide greater insight with activities.......took loads of notes re the advice and information re equipment.
I'll write up the notes (Lots of notes) in the next 2/3 days and will be sending it to Woody, the information will be merged with further info and posted to the Bushcraft Expeditions web site. :)

Will post the link to the information later in the week.

Cheers
Tom

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
Update - As promised the notes from the briefing have been collated and formatted.

The document has just been sent to Woody and will be merged with additional information then placed on the Bushcraft Expeditions site.

Probably! All the questions asked to date are answered :rolleyes:
If however you have more questions after reviewing the information, ask away :thinkerg:

Cheers
Tom

vinnyp68

Jun 14, 2009
Rainham
Hi all, just booked my flights with ryan air and the luggage allowance is only 15Kg checked in and you pay £30 for that, 10kg hand luggage. You can check in a second bag but that takes it to £100 to check in 2 x 15Kg.

Who else is doing the ryanair flights and how are you going to work out kit, do you think we will get away with just 1 bag and hand luggage?

Also who else is staying in oslo Saturday and where, would be good to meet a few peeps and go out in Oslo?

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Me and my brother fly out to Oslo on Friday night so I reckon we'll just doss down in the airport that night but will be looking for somewhere to stay on Saturday.
Sometime this week I'll be looking for accommodation and I'll let you know what I find.

vinnyp68

Jun 14, 2009
Rainham
nice one it would good if a few of us met up in Oslo before hand, I am traveling out on me todd, are you guys going with Ryanair?

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
I'm staying in a hotel at Oslo airport on the saturday night before having a relaxing breakfast and checking in for the flight to Bardufoss on the sunday morning...cheers easy :)

vinnyp68

Jun 14, 2009
Rainham
Hi, I arrive at Oslo Rygge at 9.55, still need to find a hotel in Oslo, once I have checked in well up for exploring Oslo, perhaps get a good dinner and a few beers in Saturday before we start roughing it?

peve3

Sep 21, 2009
Basingstoke
Im flying out for Friday as well, arrive at 16:50. Was thinking of checking into a youth hostel for 2 nights but that depends on how much kit I have in the end. Few beers sounds perfect, hopefully by sat night should know the best places in town !!.

Jun 18, 2009
Herts
I'm looking at the Ryanair flight from Stanstead. I've not worked out the baggage yet, 15kg isn't a lot and the second 15kg pushes it up a lot. I'll keep you posted as it would be good to travel with other group members
nice one it would good if a few of us met up in Oslo before hand, I am traveling out on me todd, are you guys going with Ryanair?

Last edited:

vinnyp68

Jun 14, 2009
Rainham
15KG is not a lot but you do get 10KG hand luggage. I am thinking use a 90L duffle bag with bulky kit and tools etc and a 35L rucksack as hand luggage, this will be my day pack and then wear and fill my pockets with as much as I can. I intend to make this work some how as I do not want to give Ryanair any more money than I have to.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE