Arctic 2010 Exped attendees discussions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
I am defo in for the pre briefing, coming down from scotland for it.

just a quick show of hands to see what numbers we can expect for the briefing?

really looking forward to meeting some like minded fools who would spend their hard earned wages on sitting in a field of snow for a week. complete unbridled joyfull madness or what!

Col......

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
I phoned the company yesterday to arrange to try on the two items of kit that I'd like to hire, and also to ask if I'd be collecting the kit on the other side, but the woman that answered didn't know.
It's a ten-hour trip for me so I'd like assuring about a couple of things before I commit to the briefing.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Tony, The kit that will be hired will be in country so you'll not have the opportunity to try it on at the briefing, I'll check with Woody to make sure that i'm right but that's my understanding.

After the briefing date and at the briefing of course (irrelevant of you being there or not) Woody will be available to answer more questions directly. If anyone that's not going to be there has questions let us have them, I think that Tom (Leonidas) has compiled some as well and Woody can answer them

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
I think that Tom (Leonidas) has compiled some as well and Woody can answer them

Hi Folks - Apologies for not coming back to you sooner, I am out of the country at the moment.

Tony is totally correct i have started compiling a question and answer document.
Anyone who cannot attend the briefing feel free to PM your questions and we can share the responses from the briefing :)

Cheers
Tom

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Folks,I can't make this after all! ( Wife on call untill 2pm,two and a half hour drive from me,
guess in would be over by 4.30pm? )
Please let me know what goes on fellas!
Look forward to meeting you all soon!
Cheers.
Chris

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
think i will pass on the briefing then, was going to drive down from Scotland if the majority of you guys were going to the briefing, as a kind of meet and greet. But seems a long drive there and back to sit in a room yourself...

never mind, im sure we will all meet soon enough...

Those that are attending the briefihng, have fun and remember - lots of questions

all the best Colin....

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
Just a heads up for guys coming to Hereford this weekend - I've got some cold weather/arctic gear that might interest you for sale in the classifieds going cheaper if picked up while your in town, ie, no p+p and paypal costs, otherwise, have a safe and enjoyable trip - your in the best of hands with Woody and BE.

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
As there appears to be a few people pulling out of the briefing, i would like to re-state my intention to travel for the briefing.

Could we have a quick repeat of who IS going, don't want to be the only one turning up:eek:

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Iv'e asked this before,but I think I will give it one last shout!
Anyone catching the early plane out of Heathrow on the sunday morning?
( To Oslo. )
Cheers.
Chris.

wolf man

Forager
Sep 12, 2005
Oxford
I'll still be going to the briefing tomorrow guys.

Chris: I think that i'll be catching the early flight from Heathrow on the Sunday. Not yet sorted out flights, but that will be my plan (not planning on staying in Oslo)

I'll be sorting out flights next week after the briefing.

Hope to see you guys at the briefing.

vinnyp68

Jun 14, 2009
Rainham
Hi all, I have just booked on for this trip and can't wait.

I have sorted out my Norwegian flights, coming back on the 20th.

I want to book my Ryan air flight going out on the 13th staying over in Olso.

has anyone else booked this and if so do you fly to Oslo Rygge or Oslo Trop.

I have not booked a hotel yet but would like to know if and where anyone else is staying on the Saturday.

Look forward to meeting you all, Vince

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE