archery equipment uk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i ordered some stuff (a beginning archery kit) from this company last night and have just recieved an e-mail to say it's been dispatched. very efficient service. very pleased.
(and it's all Docs' fault for letting me try his bow at the north scottish meet ;) )

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
this one. if i don't like it i can punt it on evil-bay. it wasn't too expensive. i also ordered some extra arrows untill i learn to make my own.

Kit 12a Intermediate Kit W&W Surprise Bow
Recommended For : Beginners

Kit Includes:

-> Composite Take-down Bow with Foam Limbs

-> Bow String with Nock Points (fitted)

-> 3 Carbon Arrows

-> JVD Super Sight

-> Arrow Rest (fitted)

-> Armguard and Finger Tab

-> Bow Stringer

-> Forward Facing Quiver

-> Beginners Information Booklet.

Online Only Price: £85.00 Including VAT at 17.5%

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Looks fine to me Graham. It is a target bow rather than a field bow (the longer length gives more accuracy but more awkward to carry in the woods) but this is better to learn on and develop good form. Also it is best to learn using a sight rather than instinctive aiming.

Archery Step by step is a good guide. Borrow mine if you like.

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
That's an impossible question to answer

Each type of bow is a different beast. None of them easy to master. None of them the right bow to use

The extremes are longbow (straight stick shooting little straight sticks) and compound (wheely machine shooting knitting needles). There are loads of stops in between

It all depends on what you see yourself as. Traditional archer or high tech
If you can decide that you can then agonise over the equipment. You'll get lot of feedback from there

Rob's a better man than me to answer that. Mel's better than that on her last showing!

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
I will be practicing so I can beat Mel soon :) Watch out for the new "illegal" AFB at next year's Jungle Jaunt....lol

I think a great place to start is with a recurve. There are a lot about, and you can pick up take-down recurves for about £60-70 from some of the archery suppliers. We have been using some from www.thearcherycompany.co.uk for teaching beginners and corporate bods - they are quite good.

You have to realise that you need to buy a bow of around 30lb draw (assuming that you have about a 28" draw length) and you will outgrow it with use - but you can always sell it on.

Once you have mastered it and shot around for a while, you will have a better idea of what style you want to shoot and can save up for your dream bow ;)

Hope that helps....let me know if you need anything else.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE