Arc flashlights

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Who owns an arc torch? Which model is best in your opinion? I ask because I thought about one for a while and the recent decline of the company means it's now or never. You can still get new ones but with no more being produced that wont last for long. I'm thinking of a small everyday model perhaps the cr123 battery one or the AAA battery.

Thanks

Bill

leon-1

tenbears10 said:
Who owns an arc torch? Which model is best in your opinion? I ask because I thought about one for a while and the recent decline of the company means it's now or never. You can still get new ones but with no more being produced that wont last for long. I'm thinking of a small everyday model perhaps the cr123 battery one or the AAA battery.

Thanks

Bill

Bill you are going to have to be very quick, Joe over at outdoor supplies has pretty much sold out of the things.

As an alternative have a look at the Inova range of torches (Inova X1 Sportlight £14.00 runs on 1 X AA), also over on Heinnie they have an offer on the surefire exec, or you could always look at building your own since most of them use Luxeon Star diodes.

Joe also got in a couple of the Longbow range of torches, from the reviews that I have read they are pretty powerfull, but a bit more expensive. :wave:

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
It is shame that Arc is no more. Some good products. I have the ARC 4 which is a great light but still have a too sensitive tail cap.

I'm thinking of getting a surefire just can't decide which one meets my needs.

ANDYLASER

Nomad
Mar 27, 2004
SOUTHAMPTON
You will be very lucky to find a new ARC torch anywhere. The AA versions have been sold for $150 :yikes: on e-bay. As a good alternative, look at the lights produced by Peak LED . They are getting good reviews on CPF.

dchinell

Tenderfoot
Oct 11, 2004
Sarasota, Florida, USA
Very little mention of them, but Gerber makes a AAA battery LED flashlight, similar in size to the ARC, though maybe not of the same quality. I've carried one on my keychain for over a year now, and though the anodizing has taken a beating, it's still going strong on its first battery.

You can see one at:

http://www.gerberstore.com/

Bear

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
familne said:

Search worldwide on ebay and several new or unused come up. Admittedly some are from Singapore or negative sellers but there are still a few which are not stupid prices especially with the dollar exchange rate.

Bill

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE