Anyone used www.a-finlay-primitive-crafts.co.uk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Has anyone had any dealings with www.a-finlay-primitive-crafts.co.uk?

I placed an order for a medium dimond sharpening set, and recieved a min one instead

I assume its an error as i didn't get any eplination and I paid for the more expensive set.

just wondering what their setup is - Are they a full time company or a hooby type setup - need to know how patient I should be

cheers

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I guess you've contacted them? If so it depends on what they say. If it's their mistake I would have thought they should send you what you've ordered and paid for and cover the cost of you sending them back the mistaken item.

An honest mistake hopefully.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Judging by the spelling throughout ( especially on their knife pages) the site, i doubt its a professional company as such. :)

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I met them at wilderness gathering a few years ago, seamed like a good sort to me. I am sure they will get your problem fixed

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I guess you've contacted them? If so it depends on what they say. If it's their mistake I would have thought they should send you what you've ordered and paid for and cover the cost of you sending them back the mistaken item.

An honest mistake hopefully.

indeed i have but so far no answer - my paypal recept, email from them ect. all point to me ordering the correct item

so hopefully it will work out...

wow 1000 posts - looks like its time for a comp :D

stu1979uk

Forager
Oct 22, 2006
glasgow
Enjoyed his survival course a few years back, decent guy ex army, great humour and a good time was had.
Probably just a mistake I don't think he is a massive company more family based so may just take a wee bit of time getting back to you.
Frustrating as hell using mail order some times, just ordered a set of spanners and got no 13mm but 2x 15mm instead, a sofa with different lengths of legs on it, a dinning table set with 3 chairs with dodgy legs and a tv stand with a surface that is anything but level- not impressed!
Be polite, point out the mistake and I'm sure they will sort for you. Hope you get it fixed mate.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Alan is a nice fella.
He's more often out making the gear he sells and i think his wife deals with the internet and shop side of things.

Stays not far from me, I wouldn't panic, give them a nudge.
Hopefully you'll be sorted soon.

dogotter

Feb 13, 2011
north west
I went on his survival course earlier this year and he was a really nice bloke. Had a good chat about axes with him, and at the end of the course he gave me one he had made himself!
I am sure you will get it sorted out.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Well I finally got a response but only after i sent a paypal dispute

I was told to return the wrongly sent item for a replacement - which I have done

sadly its gone very quite again....

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
well I got an update

well infact I got a refund - not that that was what I'd asked for -I wanted the original item I had ordered.

I am still missing the return postage which I was promised - and according to the distance selling laws I'm entitled to

Its a real shame and one to avoid in the future.

Jan 1, 2013
scotland
has anyone have experience with the Chameleon tracker from finlay primitive craft I would be intersted to have some review
frenchie

Jan 1, 2013
scotland
has anyone used the chameleon tracker knife from finlay primitive craft I have one myself I would like know other users opinion
frenchie

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
Sadly i have to say my one dealing with the above mentioned vendor was not a happy one either and i shall not return, very miffed at the way my query was dealt with regarding a kuksa i bought which subsequently split and i was told that they were sold as ornaments or to put small plants in and should not be used as a drinking vessel????

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
has anyone have experience with the Chameleon tracker from finlay primitive craft I would be intersted to have some review
frenchie

realy cant for the life of me reason why that design has ever caught on....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE