Anyone have a luxury they cant do without?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
I do love to be able to sit round the camp fire on a decent fishing chair, or even a camp chair with a can of beer holder built into the arm. :p
However, unless i take a tripod stool, the bloody thing weighs nearly as much as the rest of my kit ;) *dream on*
Just wish i had someone to carry my chair for me....and my beers.... and maybe a cool box with ice....
Anyone have a luxury they wont go without or one they wish they could fit in their bag?

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
the biggest luxury would bethe dutch oven. love cooking and love my food. but aint the easyest thing to lug around, thankfully i setup about 5 mins (if that) from the car, so not much carrying involved. but do miss it when i have a fire going and no stew cooking.

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
the biggest luxury would bethe dutch oven. love cooking and love my food. but aint the easyest thing to lug around, thankfully i setup about 5 mins (if that) from the car, so not much carrying involved. but do miss it when i have a fire going and no stew cooking.

Good call - the only use my dutch oven gets, is in the garden on the fire pit

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Hmm, well due to dietary changes my usual coffee, tea and whiskey is right out.
i suppose it would be my camp chair, one of those fishing jobs mentioned in the first post. honestly i don't find them too heavy so they go with me. although i'm looking at one of those tripod stools as a replacement because lighter is better.

Biker

... i'm looking at one of those tripod stools as a replacement because lighter is better.

But not always as comfy. I use one of those stool to sit on when I'm chopping woodburner kindling in the basement. Got my scrap wood stack and chopping log all set up nicely. Last night the canvas seat gave way and I almost deknackered myself as the rod split through. Lucky for me I wasn't mid-chop when it failed else I could have lost my thumb too.

Those camping chairs with the cup holder are great. I bought an upgraded version of one of those in Galashiels Asda a couple of years ago, it reclines with a pop up footrest. Sheer decadant western capitialist luxury! But far too heavy to haul into the woods with you.

Not sure which luxury I need with me. A head support while I sleep would come near the top of the list. I won't say the word pillow as some might leap on that and call me a soft southern jessie!

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
But not always as comfy. I use one of those stool to sit on when I'm chopping woodburner kindling in the basement. Got my scrap wood stack and chopping log all set up nicely. Last night the canvas seat gave way and I almost deknackered myself as the rod split through. Lucky for me I wasn't mid-chop when it failed else I could have lost my thumb too.

Those camping chairs with the cup holder are great. I bought an upgraded version of one of those in Galasheils Asda a couple of years ago, it reclines with a pop up footrest. Sheer decadant western capitialist luxury! But far too heavy to haul into the wood with you.

Not sure which luxury I need with me. A head support while I sleep would come near the top of the list. I won't say the word pillow as some might leap on that and call me a soft southern jessie!

I managed to simultaneously laugh and wince at that post, and now everyone in the office is looking at me strangely:lmao:
As long as you don't mention duvet or slanket i think you'll be fine

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
My holy tibetan talisman that repels the badgers! ;)

A bunch of cold cans and a chair would be nice, but I get on just fine sitting on the ground and drinking a bottle of Jamesons.

I'd have to say the booze though, I love a few under the trees ;)

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK

Those camping chairs with the cup holder are great. I bought an upgraded version of one of those in Galashiels Asda a couple of years ago, it reclines with a pop up footrest. Sheer decadant western capitialist luxury! But far too heavy to haul into the woods with you.

You know i've had the same thing happen to me in front of Calibanzwei, proper hit my coccyx. however i'm 2 stone lighter now so i don't see it being a problem ;)
as for head support i understand what you mean, i usually use my mats stuff sack filled with my fleece, it does in a pinch but i am considering one of those inflatable P words.

E

ex member coconino

A apir of Leica compact bins. I'm a bit of a birder, but also I just like looking at stuff, i've been like it since I was a kid. I should save up to get help really.......

I'm with you there, but in my case it's stargazing so I need big lenses, which means I'm lugging nearly a kilo of binoculars just for the off-chance of looking at nothing useful.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE