Anyone got any info on this?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eddie Mason

Feb 27, 2019
Norfolk
I've refurbished an old Sheffield knife - blimey I don't know what steel they used but it came up INCREDIBLY sharp - definitely razor like.(Don't think that's necessarily useful but it WAS impressive!). Anyway it has a stamp on the side reading "BUKTA" - I can't really find any info. on this, only an aged football kit manufacturer who may have moved in to knife branding?

Also can anyone tell me how to upload a photo of this knife?

Many thanks, Eddie.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
IIRC Bukta were a sporting goods company, including camping gear and military kit.

I'm sure there's a thread somewhere regarding uploading images??

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
BUKTA https://www.gracesguide.co.uk/E._R._Buck_and_Sons

Wade & Butcher made some of their knives. Their logo was a B in a circle followed by an arrow, and an iron cross. Would be on the choil if so

14141689_738512989623257_4158708125038927109_n.png

Eddie Mason

Feb 27, 2019
Norfolk
Many thanks for the info. The knife doesn't have a maker's mark (which reminds me I must go to Sainsburys later), it has "Sheffield England" stamped on the choil. I think it will be a very useful sknner - I'll try to get some piccies onto the page, I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Lovely old thing that. Have re-sheathed a few old an dusty ones my self. Nice work. Very jealous.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Wow that is a lovely clean sheath - very neat and looks great. As an aside I've got one of those knives too and the steel is great - I use it exclusively to make feathersticks.
Lucky man. If you are letting any old bowies go let me know.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Crikey! That's a blast from the past. I have one of those that served as a working knife for 10 years or so...40 years ago!!
If you note the 'William Rogers' stamp is in a different position on my blade, and something that has always amused me, the last finger grove when it was machined after the wooden scale had been fitted actually took a bite out of the brass rivet..:biggrin:

Eddie Mason

Feb 27, 2019
Norfolk
Crikey! That's a blast from the past. I have one of those that served as a working knife for 10 years or so...40 years ago!!
If you note the 'William Rogers' stamp is in a different position on my blade, and something that has always amused me, the last finger grove when it was machined after the wooden scale had been fitted actually took a bite out of the brass rivet..:biggrin:

I'm sort of surprised it got through quality control! Mind you, it was a close thing with my front rivet on mine by the look of it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE