Anyone going to see RM tonight (22nd Oct)?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dodger

Oct 4, 2009
UK
Just wondering if anyone else is going to Ray Mears' lecture in Royal Tunbridge Wells tonight (Thursday)...

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Yes!
I'm going to see his Rayal Tubbiness this evening.
Really excited and really looking forward to it.

Dodger

Oct 4, 2009
UK
I really enjoyed this evening's lecture. Ray's a good speaker. As he has done in his past television series', Ray based his narrative around the stories of some individuals' experiences of travelling through the wilderness during the early days of the Hudson's Bay Company, to the extent that it was more like a history lecture than a lecture on bushcraft.

I'll be looking forward to the television series when it's broadcast.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I really enjoyed this evening's lecture. Ray's a good speaker. As he has done in his past television series', Ray based his narrative around the stories of some individuals' experiences of travelling through the wilderness during the early days of the Hudson's Bay Company, to the extent that it was more like a history lecture than a lecture on bushcraft.

I'll be looking forward to the television series when it's broadcast.

New series 'Northern Wilderness' starts this Sunday, BBC2, 22:00

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

Ooops:eek:

PVR is set, blank DVD's are ready, Stella in the Fridge, Microwave popcorn in the cupboard; really looking forward to this :)

"Ray Mears takes an epic adventure into Canada's unforgiving, yet stunning wilderness. His journey begins in the vast Boreal Forest at the heart of Canada. This is a place where knowledge and experience are still far more important than the equipment you carry, a place left alone for centuries before Europeans arrived. Ray explores the wonder of this special forest, learns about the people who called it home and unlocks the secrets of this forgotten world. This is a land where knowledge of bushcraft is not just desirable, it is essential."

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Did Ray sign books after the lecture? I'm going to Brum with SWMBO and would like to take my copy!

Cheers,
Steve

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Did Ray sign books after the lecture? I'm going to Brum with SWMBO and would like to take my copy!

Cheers,
Steve

Yes, he did.
A friend who I was with brought his other Ray books, and Ray signed those as well. AND he even sat still and smiled as we took turns to have our photos taken with him. AND we chatted for a while (just a few seconds out of politeness to all the others in the queue behind us) about hiking up on the North Downs, where both Ray and myself (not together, mind you) spent our childhoods.
What a guy!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE