Anyone go to tankfest this year?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushynewbie

May 13, 2012
England
Hi guys, did anyone go to Tankfest recently down at Bovington? it was held at the tank museum? more details here http://www.tankmuseum.org/ixbin/indexplus?record=ART3153

But for anyone that didnt go it was a great day out. loads of military stands selling knives, guns, clothing etc - it was a really good turn out. it was quite expensive to get in but it was for a good cause

think my highlight was the mock up trenches & tents they had from previous wars, very very good and informative, learnt loads!!

Thanks

Last edited:

Reddo

Tenderfoot
I haven't been to the tankfest itself (didn't know they did one) but have been to the museum. I went through the trenches they had inside and its quite an experience! Maybe I should find the date for the next tankfest seems it could be a good trip out!

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Just had a browse through the website, they have a Panther! There cannot be many of those around these days. I have a picture somewhere which shows one in 1945 sitting on a street that I walk along every other day.

Last edited:

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
It's a brilliant place, isn't it! We went to the tankfest a few years ago (or somesuch event there), we'll have to see if there's woods in the area and have a meet to coincide with it next year :)

bushynewbie

May 13, 2012
England
yeah its a brill event, you dont have to be into tanks as such as they have loads of things going on, it was one of the rare days we had sunshine this year haha!
lots of war memrobilia there too

ill post up some pics if i still have them on my phone

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
best tank of the war I've always wanted to see one

I made the Tamiya kit of the Panther when I was a lad, it looks a beast, but best tank of the war? My vote would be for this one...

[video=youtube;dM0C70cWNpg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM0C70cWNpg[/video]

:)

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Duxford is ammmmazzzzing... pick a day with a good show and airshow on too, you'll have a brilliant time! Land warfare hall is excellent but it's the USAF hall with war birds dripping from the roof which absolutely takes the biscuit for us :) If you like your planes the Saffron Waldon/ Shuttleworth collection evening air displays and site is pretty wonderful and the Muckleburugh Collection is pretty peng for tanks/ vehicles too :)

Bigrich

Jan 26, 2011
Malvern
I went to Bovington on one of their first Tank experience days for my friends fortieth and it was amazing - not only did we get driven round in a couple of MBT's on their course, we had lunch in the tank hall and were allowed to get in the exhibits, before going on on the range and driving some wheeled and some tracked APC's. It was a great day and experience, and the look on my mates face when he realised we were there for more than a look round the museum was priceless!

A top day was had by all!

bushynewbie

May 13, 2012
England
I went to Bovington on one of their first Tank experience days for my friends fortieth and it was amazing - not only did we get driven round in a couple of MBT's on their course, we had lunch in the tank hall and were allowed to get in the exhibits, before going on on the range and driving some wheeled and some tracked APC's. It was a great day and experience, and the look on my mates face when he realised we were there for more than a look round the museum was priceless!

A top day was had by all!

sounds like you had a good time!, they were doing rides in some vehicles but none of the tanks (from what i could see), me being me was useless with the camera, i didnt take any pics but my Mrs did on her phone, i'll get them off her phone and post um

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
They have more than one panther, was down there last summer for a look around, great place if you're into tanks;

8446787431_fa01a14588_c.jpg

Enjoyed it immensely. These guys http://www.mvtf.org/ have one that they take out for rides though!

DSCF0835.jpg

look on the ground :)

DSCF0830.jpg

[video=youtube;HGq6G-5ouA0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded& v=HGq6G-5ouA0[/video]

cheers,

Alan

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE