Trip report - Return to Finland 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
The following is a brief report on my second trip to Finland in 2014. The purpose of the trip was to travel from Ivalo to Inari via Lake Inari and if time and conditions allowed, to return inland via a snowmobile track. I have attempted this on two previous occasions and failed once due to laziness and once due to weather conditions.
Prior to the trip I monitored closely the weather reports for the area. I was there 6 weeks previously and the weather was dire, probably the warmest and cloudiest winter in living memory. I was also worried that the lake ice could be covered in water from melted snow. My luck was in however as temperatures stayed below zero for all but a couple of days and the forecast was reasonable for the 9 days of my trip. Based on these reports I decided to leave my skis and snowshoes at home and walk the route. I also made the decision to travel as light as possible and carry a rucksack rather than pull a pulk.
On previous trips I had used Lundhags Husky boots but have never been too impressed by them, they've been OK when walking around camp but I didn't fancy walking 20km per day in them. My old Lowa Camp boots were past their best so I ordered a new pair with the intention of breaking them in over 6 weeks. Sadly due to an online ordering error on the part of the supplier I received the boots 9 days before the trip. My rucksack was also 'new'. I had owned it for about 4 years but never used it in anger. Thankfully my training sessions seemed to go well but I had to cull a lot of my kit to get the weight down to a sensible level. Apart from the clothes I was wearing I took a pair of Woolpower 200 long johns, 2 spare pairs of socks, underwear and thermal vests. I also carried a Paramo insulated overlayering jacket (Torres) for use when stationary. The clothes I wore day in, day out were 2 pairs of socks (liner socks plus heavy socks), Paramo Aspira salopettes, Paramo long gaiters, merino underwear, merino hoodie, Paramo Summit Hoodie (when required) and Paramo Quito waterproof. I also covered my neck with a standard Buff, had a mountain cap on my head and Montane Extreme gloves were rarely off my hands. Every piece of kit was exemplary, I can not think of any changes to my clothing that would have improved my trip.
My stove was an Optimus Vega liquid feed gas stove backed up by a Caldera Cone. I was taking the cone as a windshield anyway and the additional weight of the meths burner was minimal. I have not used a gas stove in cold weather before but the Optimus was outstanding which, given its price tag, it should have been.
My accommodation was a Rab bivi tent which I have used previously with mixed results. It's bombproof when eventually pitched correctly but has minimal living space and no porch for cooking. I had considered using the gas stove inside in an emergency but thankfully I didn't as liquid feed gas stoves are a very different animal to regular gas stoves. They will flare on start-up and if not ignited as soon as the valve is opened a pool of LPG will quickly build up under the stove. Beware!
I took a fairly hefty sleeping bag but foolishly left behind my lightweight bivi bag. This resulted in my bag getting wet through contact with the tent walls at night. Frozen condensation is an issue in single skin tents and I suggest that down bags are protected with a light bivi bag when sleeping in single skin tents. My Z-Lite and Neoair kipmats were excellent.
I decided not to carry a snow shovel but carry a Snowclaw instead. The Snowclaw did not arrive in time so I went without it.
I carried a 800ml flask and a 1 litre Nalgene bottle with insulating cover. My knife was a Mora Robust, no multitool or penknife was carried.
My basic pack weight was quite reasonable but the addition of 9 days worth of food took my pack weight up to 18kg and I also had 4kg of handluggage.

My flight at 6pm on Wednesday was preceded by 9 night shifts which finished at 6am on Wednesday morning. Fortunately I work near Heathrow so managed a few hours sleep, but as usual, I ended up making numerous last minute kit changes, most for the better. The 2 flights were uneventful and the overnight wait in Helsinki Airport was fairly painless but I'm tired of the place having spent 36 hours there in the past year. I didn't manage much sleep there either.
I arrived at Ivalo at 11am and shared a taxi with in English gentleman and his Finnish wife who were travelling up to Kasasjok. A quick trip to the supermarket was made to purchase, meths, gas, matches, bottled water and food. There was also the option to buy a cheap 'boggan but I decided against it, a decision I later regretted...

So there I was with new boots, new stove, untested rucksack, no spare clothing bar underwear, no skis or snowshoes, no snow shovel etc, what could possibly go wrong?

The last time I carried a large pack I also had to carry a rifle!
DSCN0731%20-%20Copy.JPG

As soon as I started I encountered a husky tour group and a Snowmobile group.
DSCN0759%20-%20Copy.JPG

DSCN0732%20-%20Copy.JPG

Clearing skies
DSCN0737%20-%20Copy.JPG

DSCN0743%20-%20Copy.JPG

Lack of sleep in the previous days meant that I was looking for a camp site after only about 8 or 9 kilometers. I camped on a small island and enjoyed the company of a woodpecker. The river has a number of houses on its banks but my campsite was a good 300 metres from the nearest house, a fair distance but not far enough to be out of earshot of the numerous barking dogs. After an evening meal I was in bed and asleep by 7PM.

Typical river side house and sauna
DSCN0739%20-%20Copy.JPG

Camp One
DSCN0746%20-%20Copy.JPG

Day one tracking data
finland%20day%201.jpg

On day two I was fed, watered and had struck camp by 6AM. I had about 20km of walking to get to my next destination, a wilderness hut that I had used 6 weeks previously. Again I saw dog and skidoo teams and I was passed by a minibus driving on the ice. I walked without stopping and arrived at the hut at midday. The weather was fantastic and the rest of the daylight hours were spent wandering in the local area. It was interesting to note that the log stores at the hut site had been refilled since my previous visit.
The daytime temperature was a worryingly warm 3 degrees Celsius but this was only to last another 24 hours. The night time saw a fine display of the Northern Lights but sadly my main camera had failed earlier in the day and my faithful backup, a Sony compact camera, was not capable of the longer exposures need for successful photography. The only other thing of note that night was some bellowing from the woods. I suspect it was a moose but I'm not sure.
At night in the hut I checked the latest updates to the hut log book. There was a an interesting entry by 4 Basque guys who had been there earlier, they reported that rain had stripped the snow off the lake and they could not ski on the remaining icy lake. They had to resort to snowshoes to get traction on the ice. Fortunately it had snowed since and I had a fine surface of half inch deep crunchy snow to walk on.

Lunchtime menu
DSCN0747%20-%20Copy.JPG

Minibus on the ice
DSCN0750%20-%20Copy.JPG

Fishing boreholes marked with twigs
DSCN0748%20-%20Copy.JPG

Dog teams passing the hut
DSCN0756.JPG

Blue skies
DSCN0788.JPG

The hut - 6 weeks back this area was covered in deep snow
DSCN0793.JPG

Fantastic weather
DSCN0800.JPG

Landing stage
DSCN0806.JPG

Refilled wood store
DSC02899.JPG

Planning the next day's route
DSC02911.JPG

A day's ration of fresh food
DSC02918.JPG

Day two tracking data
finland%20day%202.jpg

Day 3 started slowly and I did not leave the location until midday, it's a fine place and difficult to leave. I made brew after brew to delay my departure. Initially it was sunny but I soon found myself heading into a wild storm. In a matter of minutes the weather had changed to sunny with no winds to a hail storm with strong winds. Fortunately the storm passed quickly and the clear skies and sub zero temperatures thankfully returned. Again there were cars on the ice, I guess people were doing their final restock of their lakeside holiday homes. My campsite was about 3km from the nearest land though it didn't look that far due to the difficulty in judging distance in this environment.

Heading off along a skidoo track
DSC02923.JPG

A storm is brewing
DSC02928.JPG

A patch of ice where the snow has been scoured by wind and rain
DSC02924.JPG

Roadsign on the lake
DSC02933.JPG

The road ahead
DSC02935.JPG

The storm arrives
DSC02938.JPG

The storm departs
DSC02944.JPG

Post storm selfie
DSC02945.JPG

Cars with trailers on the ice
DSC02948.JPG

DSC02951.JPG

Crazy ice formations
DSC02953.JPG

Pure magic
DSC02954.JPG

GPS showing that there is no land within 3km
DSC02955.JPG

4 inch crack in the ice
DSC02958.JPG

Tent pitched on ice using Abalakov threads as detailed in this link here...
DSC02965.JPG

DSC02974.JPG

DSC02977.JPG

DSC02978.JPG

DSC02981.JPG

Icy goodness
DSC02980.JPG

One day I will return with a decent camera
DSC02985.JPG

DSC03007.JPG

After my evening meal I walked a further 2 to 3km out to a navigation marker, I may camp in this area in future years as it is rather fantastic.

Nav aid.
DSC03035.JPG

DSC03037.JPG

The view back to the tent disappearing in spindrift
DSC03022.JPG

The sun setting..
DSC03023.JPG

DSC03025.JPG

DSC03028.JPG

DSC03039.JPG

DSC03044.JPG

Navigation data day three
Finland%20day%203.jpg

Last edited:

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Upon my return from the navigation marker I made a final brew and 'cooked' a Mountain House desert, apples and custard I think. Once dark I got my head down straight away as I was hoping for an early start on Sunday. I slept quite well until I was woken by noises outside the tent. They sounded exactly like a large animal scratching around outside the tent. I was also sure that I could hear it breathing. I was convinced that there was a moose or bear outside! I turned on my headtorch to full power hoping that the sight of a luminous yellow tent would scare it away but the scratching and breathing noises continued. I put my boots on as I had decided to go outside and confront the beast, I burst through the unzipped entrance in record time and pounced out of the tent knife in hand. I did a quick 360 degree pirouette with the torch on full power but there was nothing there! I looked for footprints and there was none. I got back into the tent and the noises returned, the sound of distant machine gun fire, a tin shed rattling in the wind, a 8x4 sheet of plywood falling over - I realised the sounds were being made by the ice. On balance I think I'd rather face a bear fresh out of hibernation than dodgy ice. After I'd composed myself I got back into my pit and got back to sleep. I was awoken a few hours later (about 3am) by increasing winds, the tent was pitched to perfection and barely moving so why was I feeling slightly sea sick? Even though the tent was rock solid I was moving side-to-side on my Neoair kipmat. The ice was moving with the changing air pressures and the motion was causing me to move in sympathy with the vibrations. Scary stuff but in the end my laziness overcame my desire to break camp and head for solid ground, I proceeded to sleep until 8am when I was woken by a passing snowmobile.

Camp kitchen - Optimus Vega and Caldera Cone, Emergency meths bottle can also be seen.
DSC03049.JPG

Another shot of my tent
DSC03051.JPG

Today's destination was marked on the map as a fire pit area. These usually consist of an outdoor fireplace surrounded by bench seats, a log store and a composting toilet. The route would not be along waymarked snowmobile trails but this would not be an issue due to their being little snow. In fact the lack of snow was an issue at times as I was walking on sheet ice. Fortunately I had predicted this and had packed some Grivel Spider ice spikes which worked well. The route was fairly arduous but the weather was good and I encountered numerous reindeer. As a final bonus the site had recently been upgraded to a full on wilderness cabin site.

Half way point of today's route on the horizon.
DSC03053.JPG

A small island along the route
DSC03054.JPG

A future campsite perhaps...
DSC03055.JPG

DSC03056.JPG

Land and lake
DSC03058.JPG

Panorama
DSC03059.JPG

Even when following tracks I would encounter patches of sheet ice
DSC03060.JPG

Grivel Spider ice spikes
DSC03065.JPG

Some shots taken along the route
DSC03061.JPG

DSC03064.JPG

Holiday home on a tiny island
DSC03063.JPG

The wilderness cabin site, a sight for sore shoulders.
DSC03067.JPG

The cabin
DSCN0867.JPG

Inside the hut
DSC03069.JPG

DSCN0866.JPG

DSCN0865.JPG

Covered picnic area with gas stove (which I used to melt snow)
DSCN0855.JPG

DSCN0865.JPG

Sauna
DSCN0863.JPG

DSCN0862.JPG

This was a superb facility but due to the distance from the major towns it is rarely visited. The log book showed visits from a few snowmobile groups, a few skiers and in the warmer months some boat trippers and canoeists. The only issue with the location was the lack of snow which made water production difficult. Like other huts I have visited it is equiped with a stainless bucket and ladle for snow/water collection.
The large Jotul stove in the hut quickly got the room so hot (38 celsius) that I had to wait a few hours before going to bed. I did nod off a few times and quickly woke in a pool of sweat. I used the cooling period to tend to my feet which now had a few blisters. Amazingly my new first aid kit contained no safety pins so I had to administer first aid with my Mora. Serves me right for not checking the FAK before travelling.

Day four tracking data
Finland%20day%204.jpg

Last edited:

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Monday - Day 5.

Another sunny day and I managed an early start leaving the hut for 0930. I had a 20KM walk into Inari along snowmobile tracks. The only hightlight on the walk was revisiting an unusual island which was an ancient Sami burial ground and holy island. The island has a landing stage for boats and steps up to a viewing platform at the top of the 30' high island.

Signpost along the way
DSC03073.JPG

Holy island on the right
DSC03074.JPG

Island
DSC03077.JPG

View from the top
DSC03080.JPG

DSC03081.JPG

The 13km walk from the island to Inari was a slog. After an hour of walking I made the mistake of looking back towards the island, it looked as though it was only about 200 metres away. Judging distances in these locations is almost impossible. The only point of interest in the remainder of the walk was an area where the snow had been removed from the lake to form an ice track. I was later to see posters in the village which advertised the Lapland Games, hence the circular ice track. Anyway after a few hours misery I finally arrived in the village and went to the hotel where I had stayed in 2013. The owner recognised me but sadly she had no rooms to spare. I went to the local pub and pizza place to have a think. Whilst thinking I had a blue cheese and kebab meat pizza and 2 half litres of Karhu lager. After my much deserved meal I went to the supermarket next door to resupply with gas, milk and sweets. I then set off along the river to an open lean-to laavu style shelter that I had used on a previous trip. After about 3km of travel I arrived at the laavu. This is located by a bridge over the river which is part of a circular route from the village. Since my previous visit the bridge has been equipped with lights and thin ice warning signs. I guess that this may be the result of a mishap but let's hope it is just forward thinking by local planners. The lights came on at dusk and stayed on until about 2am. It was most unusual to have street lighting in the 'wilderness'. A benefit of this lighting installation is the addition of two electrical sockets in the laavu. This allowed me to recharge my phone batteries.

Ice track for the Lapland Games
DSC03095.JPG

Bridge in Inari where the river joins the lake
DSC03101.JPG

Owl box along the river bank
DSC03103.JPG

The river
DSC03106.JPG

Path collapsing into the river
DSC03107.JPG

Local flora
DSC03109.JPG

Bridge to the laavu
DSC03113.JPG

The laavu across the bridge
DSC03114.JPG

Laavu electricity
DSC03115.JPG

View from the lounge
DSC03116.JPG

Streetlighting
DSC03118.JPG

Morning light
DSC03131.JPG

Tracking data day 5
Finland%20day%205.jpg

Day 6 Tuesday.

I managed an 8am start and walked 4km along ski tracks into the village and headed to the museum to buy the 2 maps that covered the rest of my route. I had 4 full days to get back to the airport for Saturday morning but if I split the route into 4 equal chunks I'd not be able to stay at either of the two huts along the route. Instead I planned to take 2 days to get to the first hut, 1 day to get to the second then a final day to get to the airport. However when I reached the proposed camp site I decided to press on to the hut which was about 10km further on. I was walking through some spectacular scenery which I did not appreciate at the time due to tiredness. The highlight of the day was seeing what I believe was a snowy owl.
Today's weather started fine but the afternoon saw about 3 inches of snow fall. On a few occasions I nearly called it a day and pitched the tent but thankfully I pressed on and at 6pm rocked up at the most wonderful hut complex. The hut was a tiny 'pole tent' type building with room for 3 people to sleep inside on bench seats. I soon had a fire going and the temperature inside rose from -3 to +18 Centigrade. Reading the log book revealed that there were 2 people doing the same route as me but they were just 1 day ahead. They may have made it to the next hut but they never made another log entry and I saw no footprints.

Looks like my hand in a game of Scrabble
DSC03136.JPG

A typical view
DSC03135.JPG

The reward for putting in a monster shift
DSC03142.JPG

Inside the hut
DSC03146.JPG

Log entry
DSC03147.JPG

Hut with log store/toilet in the distance
DSC03149.JPG

mini lake next to the hut
DSC03151.JPG

Looking at the hut from the lake
DSC03152.JPG

Fire pit near the hut
DSC03153.JPG

Day 6 tracking data showing Inari and Ivalo airport for scale
Finland%20day%206.jpg

Day 6 tracking data close up (north part of day's route)
Finland%20day%206%20tight.jpg

Last edited:

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Day 7 Wednesday.

A cold morning in the hut so I lit a fire. I guess I was just trying to delay my departure, I could have just as easily used my gas stove for cooking but there's something magical about using a wee woodburner for heating and cooking. I did consider spending the day at this location as I was a day ahead of schedule due to yesterday's mammoth effort however I was nervous about losing the spare day. Yesterday's heavy snowfall was a timely reminder of how the weather can suddenly turn for the worse and I decided that staying a day ahead would be the wise option. I was ready to leave at 10am when a couple of snowmobiles turned up. They didn't stay long and moved on after a brief chat. This was to be another long day but unlike yesterday's walk through forest I'd be walking mainly on a frozen lake. When on the lake I was visited by 3 people on snowmobiles. This was the first time that any snowmobilers had stopped to talk to me. They were checking that I wasn't the victim of a broken snowmobile. Once I'd told them I was OK they explained that they had been on a 7 day tour to Norway and back, I may try something similar in future years. Before departing they offered me a lift into town but I declined as I wanted to complete my journey on foot. I was tempted to accept their offer though! The weather also took the opportunity to change from sunny to windy then back to sunny and calm. After a few more hours toil I arrived at the final hut. Apart from the spectacular scenery the only thing of note on the route was a lone guy ice fishing on one of the lakes.
During the evening I was joined by a pair of hunters, a husband and wife team. They'd been out checking their boreholes and had caught some trout and grayling. The bloke was still in recuperation from a 130kmh snowmobile crash in the previous year. He pulled a Nexus notebook from a pocket and showed my his titanium implants in the remains of his legs. My ideas about future snowmobile trips were immediately put on the back burner. After discussing his crash he showed me he had cross referenced all his hunting locations on his GPS and his tablet. I was interesting to see how this 60+ year old from the outback had embraced technology. Before departing he offered me a lift back but again I had to reluctantly decline. The rest of the night was uneventful apart from my over zealous fire stoking which made the room far too hot. It's amazing how warm these log cabins get with only a handful of logs on the fire. Again, as yesterday, finding clean snow for making clean water proved difficult.

Storm on the lake
DSC03160.JPG

Clearing skies
DSC03164.JPG

Snowmobile tourists
DSC03165.JPG

The land is still 6km away!
DSC03168.JPG

Finally, the end of the lake.
DSC03169.JPG

Trekking through a forest to the next lake
DSC03171.JPG

There are hills in Finland
DSC03173.JPG

Bloke fishing on the ice
DSC03174.JPG

Forest magic
DSC03175.JPG

It's not a tree growing on the ice, it's a borehole marker
DSC03177.JPG

Twisted tree
DSC03178.JPG

Deer fence
DSC03179.JPG

Clearing skies on the last leg
DSC03182.JPG

Finally the hut comes into view
DSC03183.JPG

The hut, woodstore and toilet
DSC03184.JPG

hut
DSC03185.JPG

view from hut
DSC03186.JPG

Hunters depart
DSC03187.JPG

Wascally wabbit
DSC03188.JPG

pair of knackers on a tree
DSC03189.JPG

Looking 'out to sea'
DSC03190.JPG

Inside the hut
DSC03194.JPG

Day 7 tracking data
Finland%20day%207.jpg

Day 8 - Thursday

Today I had an easy task - cover the remaining 15km to the airport. An uneventful but enjoyable trip. Once again a snowmobiler diverted towards me to check that I was Ok. I guess that they don't get many pedestrians in these parts. There were many other snowmobiles seen today, the closer you get to town the more you will see. I also saw a few dog teams too, tourist day-trippers judging by their lack of balance. Camp was made at the end of the lake just behind the airport about 100 metres off the snowmobile track. Once the snowmobile parties retired for the evening I was joined by a group of reindeer. The evening was spent catching up on my emails and Facebook. For the first time in 3 days I had a phone signal again.

On the final leg
DSC03212.JPG

View from the tent
DSC03216.JPG

Sunset on the lake
DSC03219.JPG

Drying sleeping bag in the sun
DSC03226.JPG

Tracking data for day 8 (once I remembered to turn the tracker on)
Finland%20day%208.jpg

Day 9 - Friday

A supposedly easy day which turned into a long slog. The original plan had been to camp at the end of the lake then trek into the airport early in the morning. Thankfully I was a day ahead of schedule and decided to trek into a local hotel instead. I had decided that I had spent my last night in the open and made a booking for Hotel Ivalo via the Internet on my mobile phone. I love technology sometimes.
Despite camping near to the airport perimeter I was further from the airport entrance than I had expected as you had to go a long way around, there was no back door to the perimeter fence. I walked past the airport on the river and found one of the river based 'road signs' which showed Ivalo as being 19km away. This came as a shock as the airport is only 10km away from Ivalo by road. I didn't have 19km left in my legs so I diverted onto the road at the first opportunity. One interesting thing about the river here is that it is very shallow when the ice forms, in fact, the ice forms on the river bed and in places the ice has melted away to reveal the sandy river bed.
I think I arrived at the hotel at about 4pm. After a long bath I walked into town to the start point where I got out of the taxi from the airport on day 1. I had now walked the complete loop from Ivalo to Inai and back again. I then bought some food in the supermarket but I decided that I deserved better so went back to the hotel for a well deserved meal which, when combined with a beer or three, cost more than the hotel room. I didn't begrudge a Euro cent though. I had the full 3 courses and a good amount of beer and tea.

Tree
DSC03240.JPG

The airport as seen from the forest (if you look hard enough)
DSC03242.JPG

Hercules
DSC03244.JPG

Soul destroying roadsign
DSC03245.JPG

The river bed
DSC03247.JPG

A visitor
DSC03232.JPG

Tracking data - day 9 (batteries died before reaching hotel)
Finland%20day%209.jpg

Combined tracking data
april%20all%20route.jpg

Last edited:

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Is any type of permit required to use the cabins or laavus?

No. it's all free. In Finland there are very strict laws prohibiting you from cutting trees, you are not even allowed to pick up dead branches from the ground. To compensate, the government provide free camp sites and free firewood at numerous sites.

Mar 21, 2014
Lower Saxony
Very nice!!!

I have been several times in the UKK-Nationalpark (east of Ivalo) in winter and I would have never done it without skis. No, better - I would have never even thought of going without skis. But following the snowmobile tracks is an alternative, which did seem to function well now that the snow wasn't so deep. What I would have found irritating is the number of people passing by. Snowmobiles are far from quiet. Usual snow depth is ca. 1 meter and we move in general off tracks. You know what would happen withou skis - nothing at all except tears and sweat.

Looking at your pictures and reading your entry, I wish that the time would fly - in August heading to my beloved Finnish Lappland. This time to Vätsäri for two weeks. Hiking, fishing and basically just enjoying life.

Greetings, Fjellsurfer

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
And finally here's the temperature data from one of my thermocrons. Lowest temp was -14C. Highest was about 34C.

finland%20temp%202014.jpg

I was lucky with the weather, if you are planning on trying something similar you'll probably need some sort of flotation device e.g. skis or snowshoes. Even if you do take skis you may be forced to use the snowmobile tracks as you may encounter deep powder snow which defeats even the largest skis or snowshoes. Last year even my 210cm skis were virtually useless and the 3 metre long skis I borrowed weren't much better. To avoid disappointment you'll need to have a plan B to put into action in-case of adverse snow conditions. Even if you are forced to follow pre made tracks you'll still be unlucky if you encounter more than a couple of people per day, often the tracks go unused for days at a time.
If you wish to stay within the law you'll only be able to use wood that is provided (free of charge) at the wilderness camp sites. You can't even burn twigs off the forest floor unless you pay for a license. Cutting down trees whether dead or alive is strictly not allowed unless you are on private land and have the landowners permission.
The best time to visit the area is March. The temperature is usually sub zero and there is a good few hours of daylight every day, 10 hours on March 1st and 14 hours at the end of the month.

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
Excellent write up and sounds like an envious trip. How many hours of daylight were you getting at this time of year?

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Read this the other day on the fly. Thanks for posting.

Looks like an icredible journey.

Definetley one to add to the trip planner.
well jealous!;)

Ste

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE