Anybody Up For A Walking Camp This Weekend?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Just wondering if anyone fancies a wee walk this weekend with Jason and I, looking at starting at Stinchar Falls and walking to Tunskeen bothy (6 miles) then spending the night there. Saturday we'll be walking back down towards Loch Doon to about Carrick Lane (6 miles) then finally Sunday walking back to the car which is about another 6 miles.

Anyone who wants to come but can't be bothered walking, you can park at the gate at Forrest Drive and it's a 3 mile walk to the bothy although if the gate is open, which I have been told it is due to forrestry work then you can drive further up and it is less than a mile to the bothy.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
In fact I might park at Johns,walk to Tunskeen and walk back wi' you to the car on Sat.

Aye mate that would work well, you think it'll be alright to leave the car at Stinchar for a couple of days, never thought about maybe asking John to park at his and doing a kind of backwards version of my route.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Aye mate that would work well, you think it'll be alright to leave the car at Stinchar for a couple of days, never thought about maybe asking John to park at his and doing a kind of backwards version of my route.

Were you thinking of the car park at the bridge or down the forest road nearer the actual falls?

The real falls are in the forest,not those beside the road.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Nah, I emailed Ron last week and he said they should be shipping after this Friday. A couple more weeks yet I reckon.

Hopefully i will have my kit for the end of june fingers crossed ,Me and Col are going to do the East highland way soon if your up for it

Jason

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE