Any Westcountry bushcrafters?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Hi guys

Just joined Bushcraft and i am also from the west country, Someraset based but 15 mins from Dorset/Wilts

45 mins from Bristol & 45 from Devon.
Also spend alot of time in Cornwall and Know Dartmoor and Exmoor very well indeed.

Anyone who fancy's a meet or trek let me know.

James

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
Hi,
I'm not sure if there's a post about this already, but I thought it would be interesting to know which part of the country you're all from, and more specifically, are there any bushcrafters here from the Westcountry?
I'm in West Dorset.

Hello Bushwhacker, im in Dorset too.....

ChrisM

Jan 8, 2009
Surrey (but may move in 2009)
Yep, if my wife's and my house purchase concludes OK then I sall be living near to Chulmleigh in the NW of mid-Devon and will be practising as much Bushcraft and all related skills, so-called Primitive skils, Self-Reliance skills, Natur & outdoors skills and so forth as is practicable. And knocking on poor Dave Budd's door every now and again regards 'smithing too. Hi Dave!

Chris.

rawshak

Forager
Jan 11, 2009
Cornwall
Hi, another woodland wanderer from Newquay (well Crantock to be exact), Cornwall. Although I lived in Weymouth from 1978 to 1993, so I know Dorset pretty well and have family there still.

I'd certainly be up for a bit of a gathering :D

I'm in Wiltshire and would be interested in a more regular meeting of minds!

I'm a countryside ranger and think bushcraft skills and traditional woodcraft are are fantastic ways to get people to learn more and have a greater respect for the countryside around them.

So it'd be really good to find people like myself (very amateur) to discover through trial an error some of the amazing things you more hardened bushcrafters get up to.

Leo

Paddlinpostie

Dec 15, 2008
Plymouth
Hi from the Peoples Republic of Plymouth.

Would be very interested in a Westcountry meet-up and even a bit of stealth camping!

Cheers

Martin

bri66

Feb 17, 2009
somerset
Hi all,I'm in sunny Clevedon,not sure if I'm really a bushcrafter,more a discrete camper,takes a bit of effort with 2 dogs,Brian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE