Any pipe smokers here?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
aye lunting. say ya take dog for a walk and smoke a bowl on the walk. you have been lunting.

make em? course you can. and the tamper, pipe tool etc. even the leather baccy pouch.

Ah, Lunting :D... i'll be doing a bit of that then i reckon :)

Confirmed pipe smoker here.

I prefer a 3/4 or full bent pipe,since I tend to get a lot of moisture in my stems.

My favorite pipe of the day is the first one. I get up grab cup of coffee and head for the porch. I fill my pipe and salute the sunrise, sending smoke and prayers for the well being of family and friends. That includes all the friends on the forums I belong to. Then I sit dack and enjoy my coffee and smoke while looking at nature.

the last one of the day is special too. I sit and thank The Great Spirit for another day, then meditate to see if I have found some answers to problems that bother me.

Enjoy a pipe it teaches you how to slow down and relax.

Sounds like a grand way to begin and end the day.. :)

They're not hard to make, get on it mate! The tricky bit is getting the hole from the stem in the right place with the bottom of the bowl. If it's not positioned right they gurgle and don't burn proper. A modded drill bit for the bowl is a big help but not necessity, and a four jaw chuck and lathe would be a massive help but I had neither when I had a bash. Redneck engineering and elbow grease worked just fine...

You're not limited to briar either, pear, apple and cherry woods make for nice pipes too. The first one I made seems to be the best smoker out of all the ones I own, must have got lucky.

Machines aint a problem... what i don't have here, my bro does at his, or the engineering firm he manages :D I have lots of seasons briar and Cherry, so good to hear I'm not stuck to the one wood :)

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
The engineering shop will be a bonus for modding bits and if you can turn bowls on lathes you'll be busting them out in no time. You can even do your own stems. Ironic thing is I did mine by hand with next to no tools, now I have all kinds of machinery at my disposal in an engineering shop and I haven't bothered to do any more. Might get on it again one of these days.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Yeh, all sorts of science and method in hole sizes, depths, angles, etc

Bowl size and shape. Stem length and shape. And so on and so forth.

But at the end of the day. See one. Try and make one. Improve. Sorted

I've had a crack at a hobby kit, but all the drilling a done for you then.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE