Any Christmas Whiskey deals in the shops yet?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I live in Kilmarnock (home of Johnny Walker)just now and for years i worked in the pubs where a lot of the employees drank ,some of whom i got friendly with ,sometimes i had as much as 20 to 30 bottles in the house ! Some were gifts for allowing them free entry and some i bought from there special offers ,for example 1lt Black label and 1 bottle og Gold £20 ,And my all time favourite was Blue label £30 ,i believe this is around £150 now ,Also had lots of dimple ,swing,monkey,s shoulder etc.

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Ha ha 26 replies already. This threads more popular than owt to do with bushcraft ya mad bunch o Fusky guzzlers.

th

Red - not sure what the postal regulations are (or what it would cost to ship) - but there is some (legal) moonshine being made in Gatlinburg, Tennessee called Ole Smoky. http://olesmokymoonshine.com/ They have a bunch of flavours.

Another Whiskey I like is Conecuh Ridge Whiskey. Here is the site http://www.cmwhiskey.com Sadly it isn't available in where I live now, but I plan to get some more. It is nice and smooth. :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Be fun to try buddy - but duty and tax would have to be paid on receipt - which would make for a very expensive bottle of whiskey :(

To be fair though nothing I have tried (including a few moonshines) comes close to Islay Whisky - smooth, smoky, salty, seaweedy goodness :)

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Aberlour is one of the worst things I have ever had the misfortune to drink :(

Old Pultney however is really nice. You can quite literally taste the sea. A real salty taste to it.

Harsh I'd say, Aberlour is one of my favs... It will never beat a Balvenie Double Wood mind ;)

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Be fun to try buddy - but duty and tax would have to be paid on receipt - which would make for a very expensive bottle of whiskey :(

To be fair though nothing I have tried (including a few moonshines) comes close to Islay Whisky - smooth, smoky, salty, seaweedy goodness :)

I've sent spirits (whiskey and rum) to an ex GF in the UK before. Postage wasn't cheap but she didn't have to pay duty or import. I suspect that's because it was marked as a gift though.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I've sent spirits (whiskey and rum) to an ex GF in the UK before. Postage wasn't cheap but she didn't have to pay duty or import. I suspect that's because it was marked as a gift though.

In theory its due on booze, but I suspect it depends on what you list the value and contents as :) Feel free to test it by sending me packets of exotic booze with a variety of labels!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE