Any Builders On here That I could scrounge some info off? :D

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
As the title suggests, I'm after some advice on Inspection Chamber benching! Yay...Fun! :)

If anyone who actually has experience with this could help me out I'd be extremely grateful!

Cheers

Jon

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Well, I was a structural designer until retirement, while not a plumber could not avoid catching something during the years. Foundations are foundations. What exactly is the problem?

I don't have any idea how your local building codes handle the beasts but I might have some ideas.

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
I appreciate the input chaps, but I'm after some specific info and possible costing from an actual builder if possible.

TLM

Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Not enough info to answer. Is it a sewer or rainwater pipe, how deep, what pipe material, what size, what soil, drive on or not, car or lorry, ready made or built on site???

Reactions: The Frightful

The Frightful

Apr 21, 2020
Essex
As stated before, a very strong, rapid hardening cement mixed 3 building or pit sand 1 rapid. Steep sides to discourage rats nesting and soild build up. Cost would depend on, live or new, depth of inspection chamber. Deeper = more money. If very deep gas testing and possibly harnesses plus another person to get you out if overcome.

WULF

Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
If I was doing a chamber and I’m in the building trade I would charge £130 plus materials.it’s a job that could be done right in the day.

Reactions: Dogoak

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE