Antlers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
When I find a roadkill deer that still has antlers, I just grag the hatchet from under the seat of my pickup and do several quick "chops" around the skull where the antlers are growing - forehead, back of the head, and between the antler and the ears. A couple chops and you can usually pull the antler and the skull section free. You might need to cut some hide that's still attached. Be careful of sharp bone fragments/splinters.

Back home I then usually use a hacksaw or small handsaw to trim the skull fragments away from the crown (base) of the antler. The more "bone" you leave attached to the base of the antler, the more you have to carve into interesting shapes.

Just my humble thoughts to share. Take them as such.

Mikey - yee ol' grumpy blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

primitive man

Jun 18, 2008
west midlands
no sas man you ve got mxed up what it says is if anyone has any antler spare (id ) for i would be grateful for it and yes it is very easy to identify the different deer species, many thanks alex

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE