anoying predators / concealment against predators

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shiki_no_uta

Feb 2, 2011
Berlin, Germany
www.pfaf.org
Every time i leave anything (gear, provisions...) hidden and well concealled in the ground of the forest, pictures of the digging of wildpigs come to my mind.
The good smell sense of this animalls (and bears, foxes...) is well known, and even in some countries, they are used to find some kind of damn expensive tubers.
My question is: anybody knows a way to conceal the smell of equipment and/or food in the ground of the forest?

thanks

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Every time i leave anything (gear, provisions...) hidden and well concealled in the ground of the forest, pictures of the digging of wildpigs come to my mind.
The good smell sense of this animalls (and bears, foxes...) is well known, and even in some countries, they are used to find some kind of damn expensive tubers.
My question is: anybody knows a way to conceal the smell of equipment and/or food in the ground of the forest?

thanks

No there's no way,....... you could do what people do in bear country & that is to keep your stuff high off the ground using some sort of rope/cord...........even attaching your gear at about 180cm high, on a branch for example, will keep most animals off.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What sort of equipment are we talking about ?

Would it be possible to put it under water in a container of some sort ?

shiki_no_uta

Feb 2, 2011
Berlin, Germany
www.pfaf.org
hanging it from a rope is not a good concealment
im talking about any kind of equipment, but mostly simple tools and food. Of course, just using enough trash bags you can make anything waterproof, so hiding stuff underwater could be a possibiliti, if there is a water source big enough.
Of course a metal box would be strong enough, but heavy to carry, and bad concealed when dug out.
How much ammonia would you need? I heard it evaporates quite quickly. Would i need to bath the stuff completelly, or just a bottle nearby would do the trick? And what is the *** for?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE