Another west country wander!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
And you all missed it!
Last weekend a few of us down here got together for a winter bivvy. We had a great weekend, a little nippy at times, but this only served to make it a better experience.
I've put the pics up in my gallery, go and have a look :D
Neil

leon-1

Neil1 said:
And you all missed it!
Last weekend a few of us down here got together for a winter bivvy. We had a great weekend, a little nippy at times, but this only served to make it a better experience.
I've put the pics up in my gallery, go and have a look :D
Neil

I didn't:D

Nice to be out and about again, cheers Neil:)

maverix

Forager
May 16, 2005
North Devon coast
Dammit i allwasys seem to come back to hear ive just missed something.

Although I am seriously starting to re-think my career:life balance and will be spending a whole lot more time on this side of the country.

Just to be sure, there arent any other moots coming up that im missing are there?

leon-1

maverix said:
Dammit i allwasys seem to come back to hear ive just missed something.

Although I am seriously starting to re-think my career:life balance and will be spending a whole lot more time on this side of the country.

Just to be sure, there arent any other moots coming up that im missing are there?

Maverix, the next time we are out and about I'll drop you a PM to let you know the details, even if it's a walk for a day:)

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Ditto that Mav, and quite often I'm about midweek too.
I think if everyone down this way just put a post up everytime we go out, to let others know, we would soon have a very big skills sharing base.
Neil

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
:eek: I saw Leon with an axe!! :eek: :nana:

Must have been great guys by the look of those pictures!
Didn't do some tracking by any chance, did you? ;)

Neil, love that jerkin you made! Very fashionable ;) and I can see you've got some experience in modelling too :p

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Correct my friend, my modelling days are long gone now - but I I have fond memories of Kate Moss & I on the catwalk wearing the Airfix autumn collection!
There were some good activities, baking, tracking, firecraft, fire with a flint and steel and charcloth (well done Carl!), it was a very cool weekend.
Neil

leon-1

Hi mate Neil is the one that makes the bread, but basically it's a pan inside a pan with the embers stacked around it. The inner pan Neil normally has something in there to support so that it doesn't touch the bottom and burn on.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Actually on that one I just used my usual pan with a layer of flower under the damper to stop it from sticking.
On a different note how many from the west country are going to the BCUK spring moot? Is it worth hiring a minibus for the occasion? and all travelling up as one?
Neil

leon-1

Sorry to confuse you TC, that may be because Neil1 designed it and I made it happen on the PC and possibly because we are brothers:D.

Not sure about the spring moot, to be honest I didn't know that Tone was having one, I'll ask and let you know, but I think it is more likely that Neil was thinking of the summer moot despite having typed spring (we had been talking about things to do in spring earlier).:)

AlexRowan

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2005
Somerset
Where was it you guys went? I'm in somerset and although we are surrounded by an amazing countryside, I'm really bereft of decent places to go??

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE