Another Guitarstrap, this one for my sister ( Picture Heavy, thank Dave for that XD)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Hey everyone,

As I promised here I am again, and all you guys wanted to see another Guitarstrap, so here we go
Another Strap.

I made this particular Strap in September 2013, and I made this one for my Sister,
I just want to give her something special for her birthday, and didnt want to go overboard by building her an instrument, So I made her a strap for her new guitar.
I gave the guitar a very thorough tuning, and calibration, and after that it was very difficult to let it go.

I based my design on some Sheridan styled work, and played around with it for a bit.
I wanted the sweet soft look but also that cowboy bad assness in their so lets see if I succeeded ^^

IMG_6831_zps18104211.jpg

IMG_6853_zps9e24425b.jpg

IMG_6850_zps417c0638.jpg

IMG_6871_zps43a5da37.jpg

IMG_6879_zpsbd6ae057.jpg

IMG_6883_zps7c3b6f5b.jpg

IMG_6884_zpscec555bc.jpg

IMG_6847_zps89622a86.jpg

IMG_6828_zpsaf8d4fd3.jpg

IMG_6837_zps913bbae5.jpg

IMG_6897_zpsf0680761.jpg

IMG_6903_zpsb8edb91b.jpg

IMG_6909_zps334936d0.jpg

I dyed the belt in four coatings, a very thin Mahogany coating, after which I slightly added some shading in the carved section,
then I sheened the background to reduce the amount of dye absorbed by the background, in order to give it a nice contrast. After this I added another layer of light brown.
the final coating was for the non carved sections of the belt which would a subtle medium brown.

The photo quality is a bit below average, as I didn't have the proper lighting

Might you have complaints about the number of pictures XD please share them with mister bromley ^^
And any other comments are very welcome so leave some happiness or sadness on the page below!

yours sincerely Ruud

Oh and I forgot these are the new options for tomorrow:

Vote 1 for a Archery bracer, lost by the British Postal Service,
or
Vote 2 for a 70 year old mandolin I restored
or
Vote 3 for a pair of Wristbands I made for a lovely couple

Last edited:

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Heya guys, Thanks allot for the reactions,
And yeah Cameron, my sister was Chuffed with it, and is still bothering her friends with her strap XD
Yours sincerely Ruud

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
I am here to leave some happiness on the page :) . Such nice work!

A mandolin would be nice to see, so that has my vote.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Ooooh and we have a Tie! 2 for the bracer and 2 votes for the mandolin XD
Its starting to become exciting ^^

Thanks for your added happiness and kind reactions guys
Yours sincerely Ruud

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's a lovely strap; I hope her playing is up to the standard of her gear!..........Very cool work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oh, and I vote mandolin next

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Thanks Mac ^^, and she's improving XD
Could any two of you guys vote for the bracer as I am still busy with uploading the Mandolin Pictures XD
XD this voting campaign just a setup I tell you ^^
Yours sincerely Ruud

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE