Another Chopper!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
In keeping with the current theme of big blades heres a pic of the Leuku (Brisa blade and Masur Birch) I am just finishing off. It's my first (owning and making) and I love it! I had to put it to work on some green wood when I got the handle shaped.
20200513_194755.jpg

Reactions: bobnewboy

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
And finishing off with my new Bergstrom bladed birchbark handle knife. Good times!

Attachments

• 20200514_204200.jpg
    20200514_204200.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 21

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
In keeping with the current theme of big blades heres a pic of the Leuku (Brisa blade and Masur Birch) I am just finishing off. It's my first (owning and making) and I love it! I had to put it to work on some green wood when I got the handle shaped.
View attachment 59002
Where is everybody?! Traffic seems to have gone really slow on this forum- I thought this post would have generated quite a bit of banter. Anyone else noticed that there seems to be much fewer posts and comments recently? :angelic2:

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Very nice looking blades. Looks like you've made a great job of handling them.
I've noticed it has gotten very quiet here too, probably to do with these uncertain times.

Reactions: Sieddy

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
Very nice looking blades. Looks like you've made a great job of handling them.
I've noticed it has gotten very quiet here too, probably to do with these uncertain times.
Thanks bud. Yeah its strange youd think usage would increase! It's such a great forum I'd hate to see it decline. But its probably just a lull! :)

Reactions: crosslandkelly

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Looks good, not too traditional shape in the handle but I would think that serves the intended purpose quite well.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Where is everybody?! Traffic seems to have gone really slow on this forum- I thought this post would have generated quite a bit of banter. Anyone else noticed that there seems to be much fewer posts and comments recently? :angelic2:

Weathers good, it's always slower when the weathers good and people want tog et out, with the easing on lockdown I expect there's quite a few people making the most of it.

I like the handles, the knives look nice and usable which is what they need to be! goodjob

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor

I'm still here two or three times a day.. but unless you wanna to talk about the height of my beans, tomatoes, and sweetcorn, or what I ate today there isn't much for me to say or post about.
Life has become very insular.
I'm not going anywhere though.
Either physicaly out and about, or away from the forum.

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
Looks good, not too traditional shape in the handle but I would think that serves the intended purpose quite well.
Cheers TLM I had planned for the handle end to be quite a different shape but the balance point kept creeping forward and so i decided not to remove any more wood. Thankfully it does do the job- though looks a bit funny! :O_O:

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
Weathers good, it's always slower when the weathers good and people want tog et out, with the easing on lockdown I expect there's quite a few people making the most of it.

I like the handles, the knives look nice and usable which is what they need to be! goodjob

Thanks for the feedback Tony greatly appreciated! :)
I do hope you're right about it being a seasonal glitch. I love this forum and do really enjoy the posts!

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
I'm still here two or three times a day.. but unless you wanna to talk about the height of my beans, tomatoes, and sweetcorn, or what I ate today there isn't much for me to say or post about.
Life has become very insular.
I'm not going anywhere though.
Either physicaly out and about, or away from the forum.
Glad to hear it Woody girl. I'll keep an eye out in the future for your gardening/food posts. Like many we've got back into the gardening again over the last couple of months, but the wife's in charge of that I just do the donkey jobs digging, mowing etc. I'm not green fingered at all but it's nice to be out there. I hope your veg are coming on a treat! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE