Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I startd this and finished it yesterday

sales778.jpg

sales779.jpg

sales781.jpg

sales782.jpg

made of very firm veg tanned leather (its almost like the leather they used to make gas fiters tool bags once over). Dont know about the wrapped strap fastening, might add buckles. I was pleased with the stitching, spent more time setting out. Any way, the hook is now refurbed and complete....:)

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I used an awl and 2 needles by hand with waxed linen thread. I realy should get one of thosetools to make a groove to set the stitches into.....:)

PRKL

Nomad
Jan 27, 2010
Finland
i dont have any specific tools either and i could use one of those spiked wheels to make even stiching pattern,but yours sure looks like damn goodgoodjob

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Thanks for looking and commenting.
I must say I am quite getting into making these masks and sheath's. I wont have to mmess about with bits of sacking and string any more.....

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Lovely bit of work!
So - here is a thought - i have my pride and joy - a double sidded (suffolk pattern i think cant remember now) bill hook - curved on one side and straight on the other - on a 4 foot pole (hand and i half i say).

Now how the heck do i make a cover for that!!!

Also how do you have the patience to stich so much by hand - wondering what im doing wrong this time....
:)

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
yours sounds like a yarkshur (Yjowk-sheer if your from the south east:)) style billhook...
I think I'd do a cover that was like a knife sheath, with a hole in the bottom to drop the handle into, and a flap with a strap closure over the top of the blade to stop it falling out; with both side's weltd and double stitched?
I started out by drawing my blade outline on a weetabix box, then modifying it, adding the top flap etc. I used contact adhesive to glue the welt in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE