And todays bootsale bargains are...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Wot Mesquite said! You hit the jackpot today then. Well done!

My haul today was: (prices roughly calculated to £'s from €'s)

A cylinder shaped zip up food bag which my hobo stove will fit nicely into with outside pockets for utensils 45p

Three 450mm hardpoint bow saw blades, brand new still in the paper wrapper. 90P

Tomahawk axe head which will be going on the gift-it-on thread as soon as I see something I want. Paid £1.30 for it Bargain!

Army style upright torch which I intend converting to and LED bulb. Paid 35p for it. Didn't need it but at that price was stupid to leave it.

A big 25mm gouge chisel which I'm going to adapt into a small adze 35p.

Yet another aluminum water canteen, looks ex-army and a bit battered 15p

3 inch wide leather belt in 3mm tan leather 35p it has a big brass double spike buckle on it. Not sure if i'll use the leather or keep the belt as a whole and use it.

Spent about £12 on these and other stuff but told the missus I spent £4.50. if I told her I bought more tools she'd string me up.

I love bootfairs.

PS No Drawknifes >sigh<

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
What's the tomahawk head like? Does it have a hammer at one side? If it does I could use something like that. Fancy any sharpening stones, a gent's racing bicycle, an aluminium lean-to greenhouse, an enclosed fireplace, any plumbing fittings (oh, no, you're in France so the copper stuff will be no good but there's a truckload of malleable iron), ummm, what else is there kicking around here that I want to get rid of? I'll have to start making a list.

PS what's it worth not to tell your SO that it might be worth her while subscribing to Bushcraftuk to find out what her bloke is up to? :argue:

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
ok guys i obviously need to get to some upmarket carboot sales as the stuff i got on saturday pales in to insignifigence(i didnt think that word was going to end) regards dave lol

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I had a bad day at the two that I went to, only came back with an abalone shell, looking at turning some of it into a SAK scales.

Biker

What's the tomahawk head like? Does it have a hammer at one side? If it does I could use something like that. Fancy any sharpening stones, a gent's racing bicycle, an aluminium lean-to greenhouse, an enclosed fireplace, any plumbing fittings (oh, no, you're in France so the copper stuff will be no good but there's a truckload of malleable iron), ummm, what else is there kicking around here that I want to get rid of? I'll have to start making a list.

PS what's it worth not to tell your SO that it might be worth her while subscribing to Bushcraftuk to find out what her bloke is up to? :argue:

What's it worth not to tell the missus I spent £12 instead of the £4.50? .... How about the end of a budding friendship? :tapedshut :lmao:.

Yep the tomahawk has a hammer on the back face so if the axe head jumps out of the greenwood you just hit, it knocks you unconcious so you won't feel such an idiot for hitting it wrongly. Clever chaps these Frenchies.

Thanks for the offer of that stuff but there's nothing there that leaps out and says YES! I have several sharpening stones, a bicycle, a fireplace, don't do gardening. PM me though, maybe we can come to an arrangement :naughty:

Dave53, Laurentius and Hugo. I know what you mean, fortunetely France is a lot more "honest" when it comes to boot fairs. Most people are simply trying to upgrade thier living space by getting rid of stuff they don't need anymore that's taking up room. You get the odd chancer flogging boxes of rusty nails for 50p each but they often take their stuff home again. Seems the English here are crafty and get to the fair early, snap up all the bargains and flog them on at double or treble the price they paid. Fair play to them if they can get away with it. It's always right place at the right time.

If you're ever in France for any reason be sure to look out for "Vide Greniers" You will find bargains, just don't act English, they assume you're a rich holiday maker and double the prices. :nono:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Laurentius, the reason you see tat, is because there is tat.

You will have to look at a lot of tat to find something good.

And go around twice.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Last one I went to i got a Black & Decker 'mouse' detail sander, in case, with all the extra sanding pads etc, for £2. Ok, I know it is a power tool, and so not bushcrafty, but hey, it means I can sand all that wood I've been hoarding in my shed while I wonder what to make out of it.

I sense another un-needed spoon coming on...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE