50p Trangia gas conversion.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rommy

Forager
Jun 4, 2010
Hull, East Yorkshire.
I've been having a stove week! Polishing my 96's etc and contemplating what I'm keeping and what I am giving my sons etc. ( I've got 6 x Trangias, 4 x 96's , six gas stoves etc!) Well I noticed an epigas backpacking stove that I paid 50p for at a boot sale and sat wondering about using it as a trangia conversion. I dismantled it, took off the three stands and replaced with cut down metal potstands from a scrap stove. (meaning I can always replace the originals to use the epigas for its original purpose). These homemade pegs drop into the air holes in the Trangia. Flame height the same as the meths burner. Fitted or removed in 10 seconds! Just screw on a gas cylinder and you have strong, easily variable heat. Regards, Geoff.

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac58/7797100/006-1.jpg

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac58/7797100/003.jpg

rommy

Forager
Jun 4, 2010
Hull, East Yorkshire.
Looks good :) Like 96's too, got a couple myself.

Yeahhhh!!!!! I've read some of your posts!!!!! Seems like you've got a fair few more then me!!!! Just to make you a bit envious though, all my stuff has been bought from bootsales over the last fifteen years or so. I paid £1 each for 4 x Trangias and £3 max for the others - £3 max for each of the 96's all boxed and complete except for one which the pot stands are missing. All the gas ones were 50p - £1! I laughed when I bought the 4 x Trangias off the same bloke when I asked how much he wanted and he said, 'Oh! the cooking pots - I want a pound each for those' I said ' Go on then, I won't argue' or the lady who sold me a Trangia burner unit, brand new in the yellow plastic bag - '50p? I don't know what it is though' - 'Don't worry' says I 'I know exactly what it is for' !!! Regards, Geoff.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I love a good deal, even better though when a parcel turns up containg a gift, something like an Optimus 199, or 210's even gas stoves, I get all sorts gifted me some great, some a pile of junk.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Some of the stovies have similar, I'll try and find out how they refill them, what connector is used and on what refill etc.

rommy

Forager
Jun 4, 2010
Hull, East Yorkshire.
Thanks Richard, it would be nice to be able to use her for a while yet. If I can't get anything she'll still be a nice bit of decoration in my shed!!:) Best regards, Geoff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE