An infernal machine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I had a fit of madness today

(What are you saying? `Perfectly normal for a tengu...`)

I bought a folding bicycle, an old Bickerton Country.

(I will post pictures in the day)

Ive read reviews and they claim they flex and fold up at inproper times.

At the moment its covered in dust (been in a barn) so I will start by giving it a clean up and see what else needs doing to it

It fits in the boot of the car! This means I can take it places with ease.

And store it in my nesting box

(Your going to tell me that I am supposed to ride it, now, arent you?)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
You have to make sure that the locking mechanism is tight, and stays tight, or else yes, it will fold up on you when you corner. I used to have one that did that. Closed like a venus flytrap abpout my leg, thereby preventing any sort of quick dismount to avoid a crash. generally, when you are on a bike, it is a bad sign to see your back wheel coming alongside :(

The other issue with them is that they tend to have small wheels, and so are more effort to peddle. On the other hand they are very maneuverable.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yes, Id like it lower, I want to be able to plant my heels square on the ground...I dont care if Cyclists say you should be higher, Im timid.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Weren't Bickerton the company who made the folding bikes for parachutists during WWII?

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE