An impromtu overnighter list

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Sometimes these things just happen.

sleeping bag
mattress
pillow bag with spare clothes
soft toy
torch X
candle lantern X
saw X
SAK
FAK X
pen and paper
book
tissues
laptop
anime
hand gel
camera
KFS
mug
bowl
gas stove
lidded cup (not often used for drink, makes good dry storage)
stool
duct tape X
lighting blocks X
folding BBQ X
sigg bottle
bottle of squash
food
matches
small pot
smallest bulldog billy (used lid but not main pot)

Things I could have done with...

Binocs.
another laptop battery.

You notice I had no shelter; the weather was fine.

But I woke up soaked in dew...

This lot was carried (not too far) in an other arms bergen, with an extra rocket pouch clipped on top.

This made 80 litres....Excessive?

Not so, the sleeping bag (cotton with polyester fill, got from a car boot some years ago for £1) is embarrasingly bulky. The bag and laptop went in the main pack (50 litres) with precious little space for other kit.

But I `like` that bag. its very comfy.

and it was the only one I had in the car.

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
Only one soft toy I see, Tengu....I take at least 3!!! Horses for courses, though - when it gets dark I cuddle up to an Enzo Camper!!!!

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
duct tape X
lighting blocks X
folding BBQ X

Excuse my ignorance but what does the X mean after the item. That you corssed it off the list but would normally take it?

I'm also like Jonathan I wouldn't take a laptop with me. A book yes, maybe a pack of cards to play solitaire manually but it's down to the persons choice.

I've copied and saved that list for a future checklist for me. Ya never know I might have abrain fart 'tween now and then and forget my sleeping bag.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Used to order fish and chips to grid ref from a chippy in Tidworth when on excercise on salisbury plain! all done by text as well, TAC- TI-COOL!

That is a pretty good list, I do make sure i've got some kind of optic along where ever i go, it's nice to be able to see far away cows close up.

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I forgot, the Xs are all things i did not use. (and to be fair, shouldnt have taken, they just happened to be in the bag.

I thought just one book was being very restrained, actually.

And there was no Wifi, dont worry.

Or I would have been `here`...

J4C3

Forager
Apr 11, 2010
Derbyshire
Seems a lot to me but as a very wise man told me,there is no wrong or right way.as long as what your doing works for you.
Ive have a 90litre set up,a 20 and a bumbag set up can just grab and go when needed,next year the bumbag kit will see me over three nights.I Like to grab and run at a whim but also a great excuse to fiddle with kit mid week to prep it

Last edited:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
next year the bumbag kit will see me over three nights.

THREE NIGHTS????! :yikes:

Sir, you either have an ENORMOUS BUM and the bag for it is in the region of the 40ltr size or you are actually caveman able to survive on grubs and drip sap from plants. :cool:

For the one night I went out "loaded for bear" and came home with so much stuff unused. Made me feel as though I'd over planned and something of a novice by taking too much. The fact that I am a novice is besides the point. I'm no stranger to camping but I've usually done it via a motorbike and a tent.

Care to share you bumbag contents list with us wannabes?

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Ged, the water was in the Sigg bottle

This was a very impromptu list complied from a car camping load. Im sure I could have done better if I had had time to plan.

A smaller sleeping bag would have been helpful. Mine must be the biggest in existence

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
laptop and camping never not when you through things round like an ellerphant who has a hangover and headache from hell and that when your trying to be carful cos your cack handed i would come back and me only source of bcuk would be distroyed

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Look, I had walked all over the island.

Im pretty sure if there had been an elephant I would have spotted it.

(no rabbits either)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE