An entirely new axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
British Red said:
Right guys,

Theres clearly a huge call for Cegga's work! I've had interest in 20 or more axes (including my "home" site) in 2 hours :eek:

Now this gives a couple of problems

(1) Cegga is one man so there may well be a delay

(2) I probably can't fund the purchase of so many items up front (but nor am I happy to take money up front).

So, on the plus side, this means there is a demand for a craftsmen made product :D

On the minus side, I'll need to work on a way of bringing them to you.

Watch this space!

Red
I'm totally happy to pay up now, or put down a deposit. I want it, I want it NOW!!! :D

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Nice axes.

My wife also agrees that 14" is about right :eek: , i have told her that she needs to buy one of your axes. :rolleyes:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Oh don't get me started on the double bit :D

I'm chattering with Cegga as we speak. He's kind of in the "I'm surprised people really like my axes" place :rolleyes:

I want to work out a way where you guys get access to great axes and Cegga gets a fair price. Leave it with me a few days and I'll make something happen here.

Trust me, I'm a consultant :lmao: . Seriously guys, I met Cegga only recently, and thought "Wow". His work deserves to be shared. I wondered if anyone else might be interested in it and have my answer. I promise to pass on what develops.

Red

Joff

Forager
Jul 31, 2005
Somerset
I would love one of those too! I'm happy to wait how ever long it takes (gives me time to save the pennies).

Joff

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Okay guys theres clearly a large interest. More than I can cope with as a group buy much as I would like to go down that route :( (theres muchos interest on other sites as well). I'm not interested at all in a "cash up front" approach since I've seen that go wrong in other places.

I'll have a chat with Cegga and see whether we can set up an easy way for you to get hold of this stuff- perhaps a web site or UK retailer who could front the UK end?

I'm conscious of not wanting to break any rules on here of promoting products and retailers, so if it does come off, I'll pop a link up to whatever the mechanism is (since I'm not profiting from this) and let people deal direct either with the website or retailer

I'm glad you guys like the look of Ceggas work as much as I do

Red

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
Sounds great I'm definately interested, I might even have my wetterlings finished by the time they're available :)

Dec 7, 2006
Scotland, Glasgow
Thats one talented man! His workmanship looks top notch!
Would be greatful if you could keep me up to date with this!
Thanks Red for letting us in on such a good offer! Im definately interested!!!

Morrius

Oct 16, 2006
Bristol
That's a beautiful piece of workmanship, even a novice like myself can see the design radiates quality and superior craftsmanship. As if this thread wasn't already overrun with requests, I'd be very interested in acquiring one.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I'm definitely interested. Please put my name down for one. I'm happy to pay up front for it, if that will help.

It's a very fine looking piece of kit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE