An apology

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well -
I would like to apologise to anyone I have been rude to, unfair to or otherwise treated unfairly over the last couple of months.
I am afraid I have been on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster, due to various issues... mainly health based.
All is resolved now but I realise I have, at times, been a bit of a prat towards folk who deserve MUCH better.
So - sorry folks and I hope now not to be so touchy :)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Rosie's looking forward to her traditional John Hug in a couple of weeks ~ And I always look forward to catching up* :D

* Plus causing the occasional cringe with a well timed joke :p

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Cool your boots Fenna. I've seen no rudeness at all.

Mate, people here have lives, with real stuff going on. Though I'd rather not take my problems to a forum, it's almost inevitable the emotion comes across. Don't sweat it, and I'm glad you sound better.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I must not have experienced this side of your interactions as i have looked on you as one of the more level headed posters here on BCUK, good to hear whatever was a concern is put behind you

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Nowt to apologise for John, we all have bad days and as you said you were in a hard place.

I'm just glad it came good for you :)

What he said- everyone has rough patches and it can be hard to be cheerful all the time- you've done nowt wrong mate :)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
If as you say, you've been rude or unfair, I certainly haven't seen it here on the forum. And God knows, you've had more than enough provocation from us at times.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
In all the interactions I have ever had with you John I have always admired your courtesy. If you have ever fallen below your own high standards, I'm sure you were still above most of us mere mortals.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
What they all said ^, but fair play to you for apologising for something you thought you may have done - takes real people to do that :)

joejoe

On a new journey
Jan 18, 2007
washington
have read most of your posts for a long time, and can honestley say there has been no change in your attitude. hope your sorted

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'm with the others here Mr Fenna.

I tend to search out your posts as I find you interesting and nothing other than a gentleman of the first order. I don't know if you were meaning offline attitudes but have found you to be your interesting and convivial self, though admittedly quieter of late.

Certainly think that if we could all try to be a bit more like a chap of your caliber then the world would be a more amenable place.

Hope all goes well health wise and that any who have been slighted understand and let it wash over them as I doubt it would ever be meant with true malice.

ATB,
GB.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well...
It would seem that I did not upset as many folk as I thought I might .. though it would have been more at the Moot than online.
I should explain about the health bit..
While on holiday on Orkney I threw a Kidney Stone - with the usual Renal Colic (gotta love that Morphine!) - and while this has been a feature of my life it is rarer now than it has been in the past. However an Ultrasound scan also showed up what looked a lot like Bladder Cancer and more Kidney issues. Tests just before the Moot eliminated the Bladder Cancer option (thank goodness) with the lump disappearing but I was still awaiting results on the kidney stuff while at the Moot and had just got over a minor infection that the Cystoscopy gave me!. It turns out that all the kidney prob is, is just another stone waiting to pop (in the other kidney .. it looks like I may be headed back to yearly visits to hospital while I take Morphine while popping out these bad boys!). Sooooo... I realise that it was getting to me a bit more than I appreciated at the time and I may not have been quite as easy-going and as good company as I would normally like to be...
Hence the apology.
For those who can appreciate the figures the stone I passed on Orkney was 4.5mm x 2.4mm the current resident is a mere 2mm diam. My previous best was 4mmx2.5mm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE