An Apology...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hello, firstly an unreserved apology,for those that were unfortunate enough to see my outburst (since removed, thankyou) Those that know me, know i am not mad! (careful Ivan) and although outspoken at times, am quite a decent bloke.

An explanation, yesterday i went to visit my dear old mum, and she sat me down and explained that she faces, life changing surgery, she took it with the courage i knew she would, i did not.

I came home a little bewildered, met my better half for lunch, who reminded me i was attending a funeral of a girl that usesd to work for me, i was fuming that i had forgotten, anyway i went, saw a lot of people that i had not seen for years.

I will admit, i drank too much, and came home a liitle worse for wear, for some reason i decided to vent my frustration and anger on BCUK,goodness only knows why.
Eventually, my sweetheart of a partner saw how i was behaving, and persuaded me to go to bed, i understand she explained a little of this last night.

Anyway, i awoke this morning, with a very thick head, and a feeling of, what have i done?

So after lots of tea, coffee and much pacing and thought, i felt it only right and decent, to log on and apologise, to anyone that i may of offended.

I am truly sorry, and thankyou for understanding an old fool, venting his scorn, in a public place and to some of the best people on earth, lots i have met and lots i have not.

Hope you don't think too badly of me, and normality can resume.

Thankyou.

Ivan...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:grouphug:

It sounds like a hell of a day, Ivan :sigh:

We've quietly tidied up, given Alison our thanks, and appreciate your apology.

I hope things go very well for your Mum.

cheers,
Toddy

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I can't comment on the circumstance as I didn't see what you wrote.

What I can say, even though we've never met is that it seems life has thrown some rough stuff at you recently, and that if you need to vent sometimes it is only natural.

I'm sure the folk that do know you will give you some slack.

ATB.

Bluffer

Nomad
Apr 12, 2013
North Yorkshire
It was the most polite drunken rant I've ever read to be honest; and the responders realised you were just venting-off after a bad day.

Your better half sending you to bed was a good decision though mucker!

Hope things are looking better today Ivan?

All the best mate

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I didn't see the post so I can't comment on it per se. But as others have said, we all have bad days and say things we wish we hadn't; don't give it another thought. I'm sorry for your troubles and my thoughts and prayers are with you, your mom, and you family.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Glad things have resolved slightly My thoughts are with you and the family Looking forward to seeing you all soon mate.for what is worth it wasn't that bad as someone said you were quite polite; but I know that's only the preamble and in this case Alison the keeper rescued you(again) lol

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
sorry to here about your mum ivan try and keep positive mate see you soon we will catch up then say hello to alison and the kids regards dave

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
Never met you buddy but been around here long enough to know your a great fella and everyone else here knows it too so dont worry about, all is ok here, we just hope everything sorts itself out for you.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
Some time we just need to vent Ivan maybe this was not the place to do it but i'm sure those that read it will forgive you. you are a top bloke that has done a lot to provide place for people to practice their bushcraft and been very helpful. hope you are ok now and hope things start to get better for you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE