americans !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
this might seem rude not meaning to offend anybody but this is to the americans on the site where do you get your chocolate bars from as only a small few sell the butterfingers in the uk and im in love with them :D but i refuse to pay £2 a bar ! please help me :(

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I have never seen any American sweets available cheaply unless the sales push has failed then you get stuff turn up and all sorts of strange shops.

I remember as a kid lusting after Hostess Twinkies that were advertised in Marvel comics and being dismayed that my Mom could never find them in Sainsbury!

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
There are many things that Americans do really well, chocolate, cheese and proper beer aren't very high on that list.

Seriously, you actually want American chocolate? No accounting for taste I suppose.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
To fair they do some fantastic beers now. They have gone mad for micro breweries over the last 10 years or so.

The chocolate they do is average but the fact they are different makes them exotic.

When it comes to cheese though they are beyond rubbish and have no idea how to make it properly.

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Asda, well at least the Aberdeen one, has masses of Hershey , Reeses and Tootsie Rolls , all at pretty much the same price as UK sweets.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
theres a shop in York "Chocolate At 26" that sold a lot of american soda and sweets. I'm not a fan of american sweets, butthe owner was a good laugh and the place was packed.

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
I also love the Butterfinger bar, but have never seen it for sale in the UK. The closest I have got to it taste wise is 'Reeses Peanut Butter Cups'. Saw them in Waitrose the other day @59p. So I got a few packs.
Thanks Goatboy for the links.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
To fair they do some fantastic beers now. They have gone mad for micro breweries over the last 10 years or so.

The chocolate they do is average but the fact they are different makes them exotic.

When it comes to cheese though they are beyond rubbish and have no idea how to make it properly.

The Americans are putting us to shame in regards to beer production and innovation. We are now taking tips from them.
Although they do still make Budweiser so i think we are safe for now :yuck:

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I also love the Butterfinger bar, but have never seen it for sale in the UK. The closest I have got to it taste wise is 'Reeses Peanut Butter Cups'. Saw them in Waitrose the other day @59p. So I got a few packs.

Reeses' PB Cups are good but they don't have the crunch that the Butterfingers do.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

No worries Perrari,

wasn't really allowed much in the way of sweets when I was a kid (prefered savoury anyway), but there are some daft ones which ring bells and memories which I've sought out and occasionally chase up. Hence knowing where some of these are available. One of the best sights doesn't do American candy much but some of the old Brit stuff like "sweet tobacco", "Chelsea Whoppers" and "Lucky Tatties" are all available here. http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/

Hope you enjoy,
Goatboy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE