Am I cruel thinking....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
With few exceptions, when wild animals held in captivity have attacked and/or killed their human keepers, the animal is then killed.

As I understand it, this is done as a precaution against the animal repeating the act.

John Aspinall's Howletts Zoo had three keepers killed in different attacks.

There are some truly horrific incidents of attacks by chimpanzee's on the idiots which have convinced themselves that these animals are their friends, whom they can live with in domestic homes!

The incident of a chimpanzee which had been removed from the domestic environment due to its extremely violent behavior towards its idiot keepers, yet was brought back in for an anniversary celebration, during which it (unsurprisingly) savagely attacked them, causing appalling injuries, is not in the slightest bit rare!

Whilst I'd really love to play with baby panda's and tiger cubs, I recognize that this is simply wishful thinking, looking after my friends 2, 3 and 4 year old's was dangerous enough!
happy0054.gif

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

Happily, the practice of using animals in this way is something that the older generation clings to -- I don't know a single Chinese American under 50 who believes in the stuff, so eventually I hope these practices will die off outside of China proper. And someday, maybe, it will die out in China too. One can only hope.

Sadly, there are millions of Chinese outside China and the US/Canada who believe in it. I just came from a traditional medicine shop. Mostly it is herbal but the animal trade is brisk over here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE