Am I a meanie?

When one of my best mates in Glasgow had his 30th birthday, we bought him a really nice bottle of 30 y.o. whisky.

The next couple years he'd have a little dram each birthday. But then one New Year all the neighbours came around - quite plastered - and before he'd noticed, they'd drank it all, mixed with coke!

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Missus asked me to make her a hot toddy as she has a sore throat and sniffles coming on. Only whiskey in the house is a bottle £60 single malt and another £40 bottle so I declined.....

Brownie points lost me thinks

Orric
If your whisky is spelt with an e, then make her a toddy, as nothing of value would be lost ;)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Meanie. One dram's worth and you grudged it :shocked:

Hope Man 'flu strikes you and she hides the damned stuff from you :D

Toddy

Quite right - then use her shoes to hammer nails and her handbag to carry dead animals home. After all she has plenty of shoes and bags - and its only one pair of shoes and one handbag. The round it off by feeding her chocalte to the dog.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I used to have a very prolific collection of single malt whisky courtesy of my father in law who used to go to Scotland every year for 2 weeks to buy in bulk. My wife used to have a habit of wanting a tot in her tea and thought it acceptable to use the single malt. I soon bought some Bells and poured it into an empty Lagavulin bottle and told her that was for her tea.

Nothing against her having a bit of the real stuff but when it happened a few times I decided to act accordingly...drink it neat or with a drop of water or leave it well alone in my opinion. I wouldn't begrudge her a shot of the good stuff if she was ill though, what goes around comes around! If Mother's happy we're all happy and all that.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Quite right - then use her shoes to hammer nails and her handbag to carry dead animals home. After all she has plenty of shoes and bags - and its only one pair of shoes and one handbag. The round it off by feeding her chocalte to the dog.

What did the poor dog do? :eek:

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I'd like to know what you think Greensurfingbear, having had time to reflect. If it happened again and you had no alternative would you put the good stuff into a toddy?

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Once I got over the shock of the thought of only 2 bottles of Spirits in the house I though Good call!, but I'd recomend locking up your nice ones and marking the bottles!

You need to be watching out more for a rise in level rather than a fall if you've really huffed her.

I've got 3 variations of "cooking whisky" alone, which may be mixed, converted to Slisky, or used in food.

You need to train her better than to even think of asking ;-)

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Once I got over the shock of the thought of only 2 bottles of Spirits in the house I though Good call!, but I'd recomend locking up your nice ones and marking the bottles!

You need to be watching out more for a rise in level rather than a fall if you've really huffed her.

I've got 3 variations of "cooking whisky" alone, which may be mixed, converted to Slisky, or used in food.

You need to train her better than to even think of asking ;-)

you know I like my whiskeys and I ain't precious about sharing the good stuff remember the rather nice bottle I took with us to Whooplaw..... but not one for mixing up the good stuff lol :)

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
loving the responses lol.

I do hope you all know that it was all in jest and we really didnt have a falling out over it. If she had really wanted it I would have made her a toddy with my good stuff.

Ahh...easy to say that now you've bought the cooking whisky.:) Hot toddy for her and a glass of single malt for you, to ease yourselves into the weekend peacefully.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE