Alpkit gammas to change!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Heads up guys. I've been a big fan of alpkit gammas and all of their stuff.
I got an email from them and soon (not sure when) they will be changing or adding to the gamma head torches. Can't wait.

http://alpkit.createsend4.com/t/ViewEmail/j/C90FF40D75F9DF87/

P.s the tabs on the battery case on my gamma broke. I sent them an email and there going to repair it free of charge. :) GO alpkit!!!

No association ect ect

Last edited:

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Yeh you just can't knock em. Looks like there going to mimick the Denis head torch. That's what the new design look like.

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Going by the pic on your link , it looks like they mean there is a new range - including the new model headtorch on the left - and "fresh" Gammas - ie, new colour ranges of red/green/blue mix - on the right.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Ah cool. I thought they were showing the new besides the old. I think that they stopped making all the wacky colour IIRC.

SteveW

Forager
Dec 10, 2006
Launceston,Cornwall
Just had my Gamma repaired free of charge as well, truly outstanding service guys!

About the only thing they can do to improve them in my opinion, would be to have the small led activation sequence reversed, so that instead of white-green-red being selected when the button is pressed, it instead goes red-green-white. Dimmest first progressing to brightest, I hate blinding myself and others when I get the white light on first. Having said that they are still outstanding torches for the money and I can see me getting a couple more when they are back in stock.goodjob

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Would they do a group buy on these do you think? I mean they already offer a discount if they're being brought in bulk (5 or more knocks it down to £ 13.50 ea)

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Normally you pay the postage at your own expense unless they have stated otherwise.

They said post it to this free post address. But it doesn't say FREE POST on the address. They also ask for proof of posting. Not sure really what that is. They say to post it out 2nd class

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Would they do a group buy on these do you think? I mean they already offer a discount if they're being brought in bulk (5 or more knocks it down to £ 13.50 ea)

The trouble is if you get say a quid off the £13.50 for everyone. Then alpkit send them out free of charge anyway. So then you have to charge the person £3 postage. Meaning there is little or NO saving or even worse it works out more expensive. :(

Dandaman_24

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2007
W Midlands
I have just pre ordered a gamma head torch from them. Shipment should arrive around 9th April. Its quite sad that I'm excited about receiving it !!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
As soon as I find my suddenly and mysteriously defunct Gamma from whatever safe place I put it, I will be contacting them about getting it fixed. Great little torches.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Easiest way to get the battery cases repaired is for them to send you the parts. It's a fairly easy swap over, and they'll talk you through it over the phone.

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
Can't you?

From the Alpkit site:
Gamma has not been designed to work with lithium batteries (rechargeable). Lithium batteries have a high output during discharge which means they can cause the torch to overheat and possibly damage electronics and LEDs. We recommend using a good quality alkaline battery such as Energizer or Duracell. Cheap batteries are more likely to leak and leave a gooey mess on the contacts.

Does anyone know if this includes regular nimh rechargeables, or is it just lithiums?

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE