All year round bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A

Allseasons

Hi all, I'm new to this forum thing although I've been coming back and forth over the last year and a bit picking up tips and stuff. Basically i once watched this bloke called Ray on the tele and thought "thats some pretty cool stuff" and decided to put a bit of effort into it and have been getting involved with bushcraft ever since. So far, i have been learning all i can about bushcraft and then going out and practising it with trial and error!

Over the past year I have made my own bushcraft knife, been out in all seasons under a tarp with nothing more than the tarp it's self, an old american army quilted blanket, my knife, a flint striker, a laplander saw and a metal mug. Over the year I have learnt an awful lot, had some real fun, been frustrated and exhilerated all in one day some times. i can now honestly say that after a year of learning i could confidently provide for myself in the outdoors. Provided of course, that i have my trusty knife and flint striker! its so fulfilling being able to walk in the backwoods with my dogs tellings my kids "you can eat that" showing them stuff like animal tracks and how to light and manage a fire responsibly.

Wht am i doing on here? looking for yet more tips, maybe passing some on, gaining friendships and anything else concerning bushcraft. I hold my hand out and say "hello"

Thecarotidpulse

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 23, 2009
Ottawa Canada
, I hold my hand out and say "hello"

May I say it is with pleasure that I take the extended appendage and return the proffered greeting!

Fab intro, you've found here a community of people that have the ability to read your post with glazed eyes and the fondness of memory and the yearning to be there again.

Any chance you could regale us with some anecdotes? Lessons learned. high moments, low moments.
Also where were your stomping grounds?

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Basically i once watched this bloke called Ray on the tele and thought "thats some pretty cool stuff"

Not unlike herds of us methinks

its so fulfilling being able to walk in the backwoods with my dogs tellings my kids "you can eat that" showing them stuff like animal tracks and how to light and manage a fire responsibly.

damn clever dogs. Save me a pup if it can talk :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

:welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1::welcome1:

A

Allseasons

I have a few funny moments, maybe ill share a few if im drunk enough.... Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE