aldi heads up sunday 1st of march

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
240w grinder/linisher, spare belts for it as well under £20 ,got to be good for anybody wanting to have a bash at knifemaking etc.also a set of auger bits ,just in time for the sap coming !

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
I have got one of these and they do work but you have to go very steady slowly with the linisher as to be honnest it is under powered for steel and you can quite easily stop the belt. That said they do work and if you remove the wheel and replace it with a polish mop you have almost a portal unit.

You might want to concider waiting till the do the larger disc belt sander one again.

it is very similar to this axminster power tools one

600880_l.jpg

From memory it might have been around £30 but the motor is more powerfull.

Just a tip - apparently the belts Aldi sell are lap jointed.
That means there's a bit that's slightly thicker which makes the work piece bounce a bit and causes a fair bit of vibration.

You'll want butt-jointed belts.

There's a guy called John on BritishBlades who sells butt jointed ones in a range of grades and I've heard good things about them. I intend to get some from him when I get my Aldi sander on Sunday too.

Does anyone know when that horizontal sander and disk last went on sale? They seem to repeat the offers about once a year so knowing that would give a rough idea of when to expect it to go on sale again.

This one might be a touch underpowered, but it's my intention to get one and then get a more powerful one if I feel the need.

Apparently the slower belt speed on this is good for knives as although it takes a bit longer to grind them down, it builds up less heat in the process, which is pretty good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE