Aldi heads up. Light sticks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Aldi are doing packs of 4 ten inch long light sticks for Halloween. I think they are £1.99 for a pack. I bought 3 packs for the kids and camping.

We cracked the first pack at 20:30 hrs which was 6 hours ago. Whilst they are still pretty bright they have lost a bit of their intensity . They are marketed as being 12 hour burners so to speak and i presume they will be still useful as non emergency markers at 10 hours.

The pack contains pink, blue, orange and green colors. they don't have any sort of loop or hole for hanging. It appears the bottom 2 inches of each stick is just translucent plastic which doesn't fill with the liquid.

I have done a small test to see which color is most useful. This consisted of turning off the lights and trying to read a passage of text unknown to me before.

Pink - pretty but useless for more than a mood enhancer or marker.

Blue - brighter than the pink but not bright enough after 6 hours to produce any useful task lighting.

Amber - This produces the most pleasing light for the eyes and is brighter than the previous colors. Text legible while holding stick next to page.

Green - This is by far the most intense light for tasking. I could probably read a few pages of a book in comfort with this light even after 6 hours.

Hope this helps
ian:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE