Ajungilak

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I had one, the Denali, but it just didn't *fit*, too long and not wide enough across my hips to turn inside easily. Son 1 nabbed it and laid claim, he says it's the best one he's ever used. If anything it's a bit warm.

cheers,
Toddy

ddokkum

Forager
Feb 16, 2007
The Netherlands
I have got mine for some years now.
I have got the tyin winter. Great sleeping bag for in the arctic.
I also use it in Holland up to spring time. I also have a summer sleeping bag of ajungilak and a ajungilak compact. they are also both great to sleep in.
We can buy them tax free in Norway, that is why a lot of marines have got them.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Me too my main winter bag at the mo cant remember the name of it at the mo. Had it over 20 years synthetic fill down to minus 20 allegedly ,is a bit large though.
dave

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I have one in the loft, not sure which model though (black outer with a yellow/gold inner if that helps!) with a bust zip (am going to turn it into an underblanket one day!).

Used it in winter for about 10 years and always slept well!

On the down side (no pun intended) it has a synthetic fill and packs up large, even in a compression sac!

Simon

EDIT - have just checked - its a compact!:lmao:

Hi Clem,
Used an Ajungilak bag up until a few years ago absolutely cracking value for money, synthetic fill VERY warm but big pack size, My lad still uses it for a 2 to 3 season bag (originally a 4) not sure of the model but Kompac or similar sounds about right. Additionally if your a bit taller than average they actually fit!!!
cheers Tim

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
I have both the Igloo and the Arctic version. Good sleeping bags both.
Nowadays the bags are not made in Norway, but rather in the east.
Even the company isn`t norwegian, it`s swiss.
The product range is a little different than before.
If the quality of these bags are like before I have no reason not to recomend them.

Tor Helge

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
Nowadays the bags are not made in Norway, but rather in the east.

Most sleeping bags are made "in the east".
Almost all brands have at least part of their production "in the east".
This can be seen as good and it can be seen as bad, but the fact remains.

Disregarding, I agree with your conclusion Tor: "If the quality of these bags are like before I have no reason not to recomend them."

/ Karl

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I've had a Kompact (the old 3 season one) for a few years - great bag, entirely happy with it. Well, for a synthetic...

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I have the Tyin winter bag.

Not the smallest pack down size but I have slept out in winter in a number of occasions when its been below freezing and have never been cold in it.

Had it since I was about 20 and am 35 now, it just gets occasional use but was well worth the £120 or so I paid in Survival Aids then.
For use in summer, I don't zip it up.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
I've had a super kompac for over ten years now, it's that good i still prefer it to my v expensive tnf down bag i bought a few years ago to replace it (the cold rating when new was the same, yet the Ajungilak still seems warmer even thought it has a good ten years use). It is a bit bulky but i'd rather be warm and tired than lively and cold.
Baggins

Sep 3, 2007
My Tyin Winter just arrived this evening so I can't tell other than first impressions.
I was expecting a big pack size but I was still surprised how big it is. But I don't believe in miracle sleeping bags that are small, light, warm and last long so I am content with the size of this bag.
I like the color of the Tyin line.
The bag seems to be very well made.
Being a hammock user I'm using the "hammock through sleeping bag" method for bottom insulation and it is important that the bag is large enough to allow some movement, so I took the 2m size even if I am 1.8. I have enough room in this bag.

gerzson

Ogden

Forager
Dec 8, 2004
Forest of Odes
Ajungilak is very popular in my outdoor-community. But Mammut bought it, and the quality changed! I loved this brand, have 3 of them (favourite: old "Tyin Elite", all olive, Pertex inner, no zip - a dream!). We tested the Ajungilak-Mammut bags and decided not to use them. The Material is different, cheaper; Ajungilak was state of the art once, now I would not buy an inlet with this name.
But there are still 10 or 20 years ahead with these wonderful old bags.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Ajungilak is very popular in my outdoor-community. But Mammut bought it, and the quality changed! I loved this brand, have 3 of them (favourite: old "Tyin Elite", all olive, Pertex inner, no zip - a dream!). We tested the Ajungilak-Mammut bags and decided not to use them. The Material is different, cheaper; Ajungilak was state of the art once, now I would not buy an inlet with this name.
But there are still 10 or 20 years ahead with these wonderful old bags.
Damn,why has everything got to be made in China ect these days:(

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
Moving to China is not a problem in itself, but reducing quality of material and workmanship is.
Mammut is buying everything they can.
Sometimes nothing changes. For example the old "Biwell" shoe wax is still the same, only wrapped up different.
With Ajungilak it was different.
The german branch of Ajungilak, seated in Hamburg, designed the sleeping bags. And they where real experts. fantastic design and very high quality of the materials. The old lining, for example, made from Nylon and Viscose, was one of the best ever.
But Mammut bought the name "Ajungilak" and offered the folks from hamburg to move down south to their headquarter.
They refused.
And without the knowledge the brand Ajungilak took a dive. They are a little bit better now then in the beginning and thankfully they left some classics, like the Tyin, more or less unchanged.
But, as usual, they now offer every year a "new and improved" range of exactly the same stuff as the year before.
Thats the way to make money: lots more different models, change the appearance evry year, reduce quality gradually, have incompetemt hacks from outdoor magazines write favourable reviews.
Only people with a longer memory span will know the difference.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE