Rokka Korpisoturi? Better than ...?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sidpost

Forager
Dec 15, 2016
Texas, USA
I have been looking at the Peltonen Knives M95 Ranger Puukko or Terävä Jääkäripuukko 140/110 knives for a largely outdoor camping trip I have planned when the Rokka Korpisoturi was recommended to me.

I am in the USA so, seeing these knives in person is unlikely. Shipped out of Europe, I can get the Rokka delivered for ~$140 which is ~$40 more expensive than the other two. I will be in areas affected by drought and the high temperatures from the "heat dome" so, striking a fire with a Ferro rod isn't something I am focused on right now however, feathersticks and similar fire making capabilities are wanted. Mainly, I will be using it for kitchen prep and general cutting, carving, etc. things around camp.

Does anyone have experience with these knives that can comment on the Pro's and Con's of their use in general camping and outdoor exploration activities? I am really interested in comparisons of the Rokka to the other knives when used in similar conditions.

Stay Sharp!
Sid

Springchicken

Aug 29, 2005
Northants.
I have a Peltonen and a Rokka in stainless steel. Both are very good, versatile cutting tools. It's difficult to recommend one over the other in a meaningful and objective way but I would say that I enjoying using both but would be happy to live with the Peltonen. The decision is really marginal! The stainless Rokka would be easier to maintain and keeps a perilously sharp edge; the Peltonen is easier to sharpen and feels just that bit more forgiving in the hand.

Given the choice, I'd buy both - it'll give you an excuse to get out more and work out which one you prefer for your given range of tasks!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE