Air rifles at the Moot? Are they OK to bring?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I think we're going to have to knock this one on the head, I can't see a good way of doing it even though we would like to, we have no way of making sure that all rifles are secure etc and if anything happens or anyone complains it would be us that's in trouble, so I don't think we'll be having airguns at the moot even though we would like to.

Sorry.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
No worries Tony, figured it was best to ask than presume it was OK and end up in the wrong.

Thanks for all the replies folks. Didn't mean to open a can of worms on legislation or H&S issues, just asking a simple question is all.

Let's hope the 75mm mint imperial mortar I'm making doesn't upset the site owners then. Muhahahahahaha! :ban:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
No air guns but the water guns and flame guns are still OK right? ;)

Oh, and I'd go with potato Biker, 75mm mint imperials are really really expensive unless, of course, you'd like to do a group buy! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I think there is an ointment for that Biker!

P: Doctor Doctor I have a Strawberry stuck up my nose.
D: Don't worry, I have cream for that.

A bum bum.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Well if ya can't take an air riffle guys why don't each of you make a catty have a shoot competition and the best made catty comp .its still shooting but with something with a lot less rules and regs and easy to keep safe .
Just a thought mind.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Probably for the best. We will have enough projectile launchers to play with anyway: bows, atlalels, catapults etc.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Aye bows, atlalels & catapults are all perfectly safe in the hands of a trained & sober person, just ask King Harold, the French at Agincourt, the enemies of the Aztecs. Just kidding I know that you guys are responsible and wish I could be there to play. Could have brought some of my toys out of the cupboard ( Including my scary Piecemaker, it takes a couple of us to load it and it scares the bejesus out of me - was a handmade thing I got years ago from a maker who was scared of it too).

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Yes Sir (don't salute) Detritus at your service Sir.

It is a worrying crossbow, the "string" was made of bound piano wires 'till it started to go. No way was I putting it under strain when worn, the thought of it snapping next to my face gave me the willies. Also I cant get my thumb through the thumbhole stock since setting my thumb some years back. Suppose I could alter the stock. Will dig it out and photograph it some time. It's fairly "craftsman made with a heavy metal prod and some rudimentary iron type sights - but it's more of an area effect weapon really.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE