air rifle wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Without trawling through the back catalogue of posts, are there any air rifles still for sale here?

I'm a tall chap and need a long stock. I don't want a break barrel and I'm more concerned about accuracy than power. I used to shoot a lot when I was younger, so I'm pretty happy with either calibre.

The use of the rifle will be for rabbit, pigeon, rat (not for food, of course) and targets.

I've got a budget of around 200-250 quid.

Cheers

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Without trawling through the back catalogue of posts, are there any air rifles still for sale here?

I'm a tall chap and need a long stock. I don't want a break barrel and I'm more concerned about accuracy than power. I used to shoot a lot when I was younger, so I'm pretty happy with either calibre.

The use of the rifle will be for rabbit, pigeon, rat (not for food, of course) and targets.

I've got a budget of around 200-250 quid.

Cheers

Have a look on the airgun forums mate. You are sure to find what you are looking for.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24

I use this one, there are others, Airgun universe, Airgunforum, etc. Might be a bit dodgy getting one through the post as it is illegal now.

themac

Forager
Jan 6, 2006
Milton Keynes
I've got a BSA Superstar I need to sell. .22, under lever, rotating breach, 3-9x40 scope (Nikko Sterling). It chrono's (sp?) at 11 odd ft lbs. It's a good few years old but in good condition.

I'd be looking for £120 for it excluding postage. If your interested let me know and I'll take some pics.

GlenM

Forager
Jan 11, 2006
Cornwall
I've got an Air Arms s410 for sale but i want quite a bit more than your budget i'm afraid.
I live in North Cornwall aswell so if your interested pm me and we can arrange something.

Glen

deeps

Forager
Dec 19, 2007
Monmouthshire
As I understand it sale of new air rifles by retailers must be done face to face though they can of course be advertised on internet. There is a network in place for a rifle to be sent by a distant retailer to your local Registered Firearms Dealer for pick up in person for a fee.

Sale of second hand air rifles can still be done by internet agreement and just posted out.

Just another example of a half baked law !

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Just another example of a half baked law !

some laws are half baked to appease the masses, people who have genuine need for something will always find a loophole, legeal or not.

Anyway, can somebody recommend a good shooting range in west lothian?

cheers

cub88

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2008
worksop
I believe Deeps is right it is only new air rifles that must be sold face to face and must be recorded on the firearms registry. sub 12ftlb and 2nd hand is ok to post.

If i remember rightly aswell the post office cannot refuse to transport them.

Sign up to www.airgunbbs.com and check out some of the threads on there for legal issues and 2nd hand air rifles. You can find some great deals.

cheers
cub

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I believe Deeps is right it is only new air rifles that must be sold face to face and must be recorded on the firearms registry. sub 12ftlb and 2nd hand is ok to post.

If i remember rightly aswell the post office cannot refuse to transport them.

Sign up to www.airgunbbs.com and check out some of the threads on there for legal issues and 2nd hand air rifles. You can find some great deals.

cheers
cub

Fair enough. I never knew that. A little bonus i suppose. All my rifles have been bought new before this law came into effect, so i have not run in to it yet.

cub88

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2008
worksop
I didnt know either HillBill, until i posted on an airgun forum saying you couldnt post them and got about fifty replies in thirty seconds saying you could lol.

Glad to help

cheers
cub

ruger_red

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2009
Merseyside
I've got a BSA Superstar I need to sell. .22, under lever, rotating breach, 3-9x40 scope (Nikko Sterling). It chrono's (sp?) at 11 odd ft lbs. It's a good few years old but in good condition.

I'd be looking for £120 for it excluding postage. If your interested let me know and I'll take some pics.

This would have gone in a flash on the airgun bbs. Excellent underlever and the best spring powered BSA ever made.

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
If you wish to comply with the age thing and post - just ask for a scan of a drivers license. I do it with knives now and again.

I may be up for selling my BSA lightning soon, about £120 - 140 as I'm going for a 10/22. When would you want it?

ojs

Jun 13, 2009
Much Hoole, lancashire
Would a HW 57 be of any interest to anyone.
I bought it a couple of years ago and have barely used it so its in pretty good nick.
Its 177 with the underleaver and top loading pellet.

Just one last thing. any advice on how to post such an item. Really dont trust royal mail with something like a 250 quid air rifle.

Thanks

ojs

Jun 13, 2009
Much Hoole, lancashire
Hi Steve.
I am afraid i am not upgrading this time round, due to the fact that I am moving house and have no where to shoot or to store my small collection of air rifles and pistols anymore. slightly gutted but needs must in these times.
I have to say that the HW57 is one of the best rifles I have ever owned. accuracy is amazing with the scope set up right.

Thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE