Ahh, gone forever!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I was just thinking about all the things i've lost over the years, some of it wasn't a bother but some of it was a hard loss.

For instance, my UK penknife, lost right by the gate where we have the Moot, it still pains me... Over the years i've lost quite a few knives, mostly through throwing them and loosing them in the underbrush, in the ground or leaf litter, there's also the odd mug or jacket...

What's the thing that you've lost and miss the most?

stonyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 8, 2004
Gloucester
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most

Not my own quote, think it was Ozzy Osbourne

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I had a couple of shemaghs that I'd purchased years ago, possibly from the Survival Aids shop at Euston. I'd had my mom stich them together along one side so they could double as a hostel sheet/beach towel/shopping bag etcetera, that was the last bit of sewing my mom did for me.

It was the one constant on my kit list for years and had traveled much of the world.

I managed to drive a snow mobile into a tree up in the Swedish Arctic and was helicoptered out. I think the shemagh was with me in the emergency room but it vanished shortly afterwords.

:(

Last edited:

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
My misspent youth, i spent half of it chasing wimmen and partying and the other half i wasted

In no particular order
My grandparents,their love and presence in my life and also the skills and knowledge they had.
My misspent youth. When i see some of the younger folks who post here and on other social media with all their outdoorsy exploits i kick myself that i spent my late teens upto my mid twenties completely off my pickle and wasting oppourtunitues.
Friends who have passed away. Shoulda woulda coulda spent more time with them and didnt.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Regrets, I've got a few...

mostly regretting the opportunities that I lose as I get older...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My youthful strength and vigor!
As age creeps up on my I find I am limited in my activities by an uncooperative body!
I used to walk 5m before breakfast with a full pack - now 5m is my days limit - even without a pack: I used to be a Level 4 Canoe Coach - now I cannot sit in a canoe, kneel in a canoe or paddle a canoe thanks to shoulder, knee and SI joint issues - do not even start me thinking about my Martial Arts, caving, climbing and other physical activities!
Anyone want to buy two 15' odd canoes? My gear is up for sale at the moment...
Material objects can be replaced - health and emotional attachments are finite and the things you really miss!
The material item I miss most is my first "real" canoe paddle - lost at sea in a very near fatal accident involving the wake of the Irish Ferry and some rocks ... it had seen some real adventures with me and was almost due a long retirement over my Inglenook beam...

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I've lost all my grandparents, my parents and never really had anyone else, lost a couple friends over the years now. Luckily I made my own family and am blessed with friends.

Things wise I lost my Schrade Old Timer on a lunch stop in a field on a 60 mile walk to Chartres. I miss that knife but my kids bought me a Buck Stockman for my 40th that is nearly the same and means a lot to me for their thought.

My Dad bought me an ASI Paratrooper Repeater for my 9th birthday. I shot it every day for about 3 years. My mother handed it in for destruction during a gun amnesty in South Australia. I never forgave her and only a couple of years ago went out of my way to replace it with a mint version to heal that wound. Gave me closure on the issue even if my wife thought I was nuts. "Another gun"

As many above clearly show, stuff can be replaced. You can't take it with you on that last journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
No doubt, the greatest losses have been family and friends. Not much in the material way. I lost my first Swiss Army Knife along a trout stream in Pennsylvania back in the 70s. Cleaned the trout and left the knife lying in the pebbles alone the bank. Back then it was a tough loss because money was sparse, but eventually it was replaced.

Nic Le Becheur

Forager
Sep 10, 2015
Ludlow
I was just thinking about all the things i've lost over the years, some of it wasn't a bother but some of it was a hard loss.

For instance, my UK penknife, lost right by the gate where we have the Moot, it still pains me... Over the years i've lost quite a few knives, mostly through throwing them and loosing them in the underbrush, in the ground or leaf litter, there's also the odd mug or jacket...

What's the thing that you've lost and miss the most?

A WW1 homemade trench lighter, in copper, with the Toronto Highlanders' cap badge on it - my grandfather's. Lost when our house was burgled some years ago. Irreplaceable :-(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE